Oh-My-God Road

Oh-My-God Road is a 4.8 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Idaho Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for nature trips, scenic driving, and off road driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

scenic driving

Do not waste you’re time with this road. Simple as that.

off road driving

I have driven this "trail" several times in my 2017 E300.... That should give you a good idea of the challenge level with this trail. When I want to get from Central City to Idaho Springs it is my preferred method of travel. It is honestly just a dirt road and there weren't even ruts towards the end of 2017 when I drove it. It has some great views of the mountains, but that is really the biggest draw that I am aware of. I cannot speak to how well the road is maintained in the winter after snow as I have not driven it during those conditions.

off road driving

Terrible "trail". The only reasons anyone would say "oh my god" is due to he amount of ruts on this dirt road. There was no peak overlook or anything interesting. Old mining stuff was along the route but you could also just go down 70 and see much better stuff.

Do not recommend at all. Save yourself the time I wasted.

scenic driving

Fun and easy trail! More just like a dirt road and no guard rails. Did have some great views! I’d say just about any stock vehicle could make it through just fine. Just check the weather. It was very dry when I went today. A good trail for being just 40 or so minutes away from Denver

Beautiful road, well maintained, stick to the inside if heights scare you. Nice views.

It was neat to see the old mine shafts other then that it was just a dirt road

Lots of mud and a little snow here and there. Most of the road you can do 20-25mph with road tires.

2017 Tacoma sr 4x4 stock.

scenic driving

nice drive, if you're looking for an off road trail this isn't it

off road driving

It wasn't anything special just a gravel road. There wasn't anywhere to stop and take pictures of the scenery.

it's alright

off road driving

Primarily a sight seeing trail. Nothing difficult for most any SUV. Great views!. There are many abandoned mines and ghost towns to visit.

off road driving

This road was decent to go on. there are tons of relics from the gold mining days - tunnels, entrances, buildings, etc., that are fun to look at. Nowhere to park and explore really - its more just a trail to drive on

off road driving

Very easy road. Did it in a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Once you get to central city. There are some good off-road areas.

Overall a very good beginner trail for most off road vehicles. I enjoyed breaking in my ZR2 pickup here, and the area is scenic.

Friday, June 16, 2017

My wife and I went on this trail today. I was a bit disappointed because about halfway it turns into some sort of paved county road. However, there are some really cool old mining structures. There are also some decent little side trails that our Polaris RZR 900 4 had no problem handling. They would have been too narrow for a truck or Jeep. Definitely some cool views. There is a not a defined parking lot but there are a few places the road is wide enough to park off to the side.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

nice trail, scenic with old mines on the side of the road. easily accessible to cars or trucks during fair weather

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Super fun for beginners, easy going, is definitely fun with melting snow and mud!

Monday, April 24, 2017

nothing omg about the road. dirt road driving with a few ruts, nothing special.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Excellent beginner trail for those looking to test their desire driving off road in the mountains. The off road section is mostly hard packed with some small ruts, potholes, washouts, but very minor. Views are great and cliffs right next to road can take your breath away.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

the only challenge was the snow. no great views, very short drive.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

We followed the road to where the directions took us and just explored all over the mountain. The decent amount of snow made it awesome and there were some good views.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Easy scenic drive, very beautiful area.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

The only thing "Oh my God!" about this road were the ruts carved out by water. Horribly bumpy. No great views. Cool if you like old mines.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Very easy drive. Not sure we ever said Oh My God but we did say WOW a few times!

Monday, February 23, 2015

Really cool mines... Reminisce of an old ghost town near the top.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Any vehicle can do this road, even it's rougher counterpart, Two Brothers Road, it's a quick little fun way to get to Central City from Idaho Springs. Good views of the valley below and cool mines along the way.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Steep but maintained dirt road.