Officers Gulch

Officers Gulch is a 1.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Frisco, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September.

fly fishing

Nice family hike. Great stop just off of I-70 to stop and stretch your legs.

Nice, easy hike with a toddler. Beautiful lake. Very close to I70, so A LOT of traffic noise!

Nice walk near I-70. Well worth the stop.

We got half way around and came upon fresh bear tracks. Decided we were good and headed back! I wish people would clean up after themselves as we found a lot of cigarette butts, spit seeds, and fishing line laying around :(

Had a nice walk. Easy. Relaxing.

My 4 year old son and 18 month old had a blast ! Next time we will bring our kayak !

Very easy loop around the lake, close to I-70 (you never get away from the sound of the traffic) and heavily populated with folks fishing. There were some nice wildflowers and the lake is quite scenic.

This is a great hike if you don't have much time and you're looking for something easy. A 1.1 mile loop with little to no elevation. Beautiful views of the lake with a mountain backdrop. There were a lot of people fishing while I was there, and a couple kayaking. The small islands would be really fun to camp on.

Right off of I-70 you'll find a short trail that takes you around a small lake. Up a valley that runs next to a stream. The sound of water can be heard the entire hike. Also the sound of cars. Too beautiful to pass up. You might also see some fisherman scattered around the lake any time of day. Still some snow at the top end of the trail past the lake which stopped me from completing the loop.

Friday, July 22, 2016