Officers Gulch

Officers Gulch is a 1.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Frisco, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice family hike. Great stop just off of I-70 to stop and stretch your legs.

Seeing the beavers was awesome. Easy trail.

Beautiful views of the lake which the path goes around and I would definitely do it again. But it was not a great hike for our 3.5-year-old. The trail was poorly marked at times (it doesn’t seem well-maintained) and there were some very steep parts (maybe because we were off trail...?) and we had to cross the river on a few logs! (Why isn’t there a little bridge?) Thankfully no one fell in. We enjoyed the adventure though!! We saw lots of pretty wildflowers, a snake, some ducks. Not many hikers. We saw quite a few fishermen and we even saw a random water fountain in the middle of the forest. I took lots of beautiful photos because the lights and reflections on the lake were breathtaking! Will do this again when the kids are a bit older.

A beautiful easy hike around a pretty lake. The path meanders around the woods and the shore of the lake, and is a lot of fun to complete. The trail doesn't take long, and is definitely worth the stop.

Nice views but trail was not maintained very well and was hard to follow main path sometimes.

Great for a short walk

Nice, easy hike with a toddler. Beautiful lake. Very close to I70, so A LOT of traffic noise!

Friday, July 14, 2017

Nice walk near I-70. Well worth the stop.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

We got half way around and came upon fresh bear tracks. Decided we were good and headed back! I wish people would clean up after themselves as we found a lot of cigarette butts, spit seeds, and fishing line laying around :(

Monday, July 10, 2017

Had a nice walk. Easy. Relaxing.

Saturday, July 08, 2017

My 4 year old son and 18 month old had a blast ! Next time we will bring our kayak !

Friday, June 16, 2017

Very easy loop around the lake, close to I-70 (you never get away from the sound of the traffic) and heavily populated with folks fishing. There were some nice wildflowers and the lake is quite scenic.

Monday, May 29, 2017

This is a great hike if you don't have much time and you're looking for something easy. A 1.1 mile loop with little to no elevation. Beautiful views of the lake with a mountain backdrop. There were a lot of people fishing while I was there, and a couple kayaking. The small islands would be really fun to camp on.

Monday, May 15, 2017

Right off of I-70 you'll find a short trail that takes you around a small lake. Up a valley that runs next to a stream. The sound of water can be heard the entire hike. Also the sound of cars. Too beautiful to pass up. You might also see some fisherman scattered around the lake any time of day. Still some snow at the top end of the trail past the lake which stopped me from completing the loop.

32 minutes ago