Odessa Lake Via Fern Lake Trail

Odessa Lake Via Fern Lake Trail is a 8.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, and horses and is best used from June until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

2070 feet

Take Hwy. 36 out of Estes Park to RMNP entrance, then go to Bear Lake Rd., follow it to the Bear Lake Th.

Absolutely beautiful. My favorite hike I've done in a long time.

The views were fantastic. Tons of mosquitos! Also we were not able to do that last half mile or so due to snow on the trail. But the view of fern lake was amazing (you can climb a rock where the trail turns for a great viewpoint).

Great day hike. Flat for the first mile n a half. Then goes up after you cross the river, but it's not bad. Fern falls are great and will cool you off mid hike. Fern lake is pretty, although it's hard to get a good view of the entire thing. The extra mile to Odessa lake is so worth it. The lake and surrounding mountains are extraordinary.

Bring bud spray! Bad mosquitoes in July

Hiked on July 3. 3 parts of snow but sneakers were fine. Starting at Bear Lake and ending at Fern Lake was the move.

Camping in June was a tad too cold for us, but I loved this hike! Would love to do it again.

RMNP best kept secret!

Attempted to snowshoe this trail last weekend when the snowstorm hit. Did not make it to any of the lakes. It was too cold and there was no clear trail. My buddy and I got lost a couple times and had to make our own trail. Barely made it half way but I would attempt this on a better weather day. It was surreal and amazing though!

Did not make it to Odessa Lake. Bad weather was moving in, the snow was almost knee deep. We also had snow shoes. There was no visible sign of tracks but we made it to Lake Helene which was really beautiful.