Odessa Lake Via Fern Lake Trail

Odessa Lake Via Fern Lake Trail is a 8.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, and horses and is best used from June until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

2070 feet

Take Hwy. 36 out of Estes Park to RMNP entrance, then go to Bear Lake Rd., follow it to the Bear Lake Th.

Camping in June was a tad too cold for us, but I loved this hike! Would love to do it again.

RMNP best kept secret!

Attempted to snowshoe this trail last weekend when the snowstorm hit. Did not make it to any of the lakes. It was too cold and there was no clear trail. My buddy and I got lost a couple times and had to make our own trail. Barely made it half way but I would attempt this on a better weather day. It was surreal and amazing though!

Did not make it to Odessa Lake. Bad weather was moving in, the snow was almost knee deep. We also had snow shoes. There was no visible sign of tracks but we made it to Lake Helene which was really beautiful.

Amazing views and well worth a few steep climbs and windy conditions.

The trail was already covered with snow so it was very slippery. But the view was absolutely amazing!! Totally worth it.

Planned to hike to Fern Lake, but kept on to Odessa. Definitely worth it!

Awesome hike! We went from Bear Lake to Odessa Lake. It took three hours to get there but there is a lot of variety to the trail and such a close views of the mountains. A lot of picture taking. Odessa Lake was beautiful. Would definitely recommend.

Just hiked this today starting from the Fern Lake trailhead. Trail is well maintained, easy to follow, and has a fee nice waterfalls. We had Odessa Lake pretty much to ourselves and really enjoyed the view.

Did this as a section of a much longer backpacking trip. This section is awesome! especially the high country between Odessa lake and Sourdough campsite. If you camp at Sourdough, bring a lot of bug repellent. I suppose all these small lakes are breeding grounds for Mosquitoes. Besides that the campsite is fantastic. It even has a Privy. These backcountry campsites are some of the best I've ever camped in.