Nymph Lake Trail

Nymph Lake Trail is a 1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

5/22. Easy hike to here. Peaceful place to sit. Went on to Emerald. Not much snow to this point.

Still some patches of snow on 5/22 but nothing you can’t do with sturdy hiking boots. Pretty good cardio workout on the way up. Excellent Birdseye view of the lake with the mountains in the background from a rock formation a bit off the trail.

Parking lot about a third full early 05/20/2018. Heavy overcast, very few hikers on trail early on. Well packed snow trail off and on. We would have been wise to have had better footwear and poles, but made it to Lake none the less in good stead...proceeded on trail to Dream Lake.
On our return to trailhead sky had cleared up beautifully for fantastic views and pix and traffic increased, but by the time we returned to vehicle in maxed out parking area a downpour began!

Easy hike, did 4/11 and used spikes only. Definitely recommend going to Dream and Emerald Lake for even prettier views!

The weather was perfect (30 degree). Lake was frozen. Snow packed trail. Used trekking poles- no spikes, crampons, or snowshoes (although I’d def recommend spikes). Arrived by 10am and parking lot was already 2/3 full. Very, very, very busy with families, kids, visitors, etc. Since I’m from Kansas, the altitude always is an issue for me. Took my time. Fairly easy with a few slick spots- I was easily passed by locals with kids in tow.

Spikes definitely help right now, was able to take my 6 year old on her first hike with them. There is also a great rock outcropping to go up on one side of the lake. It has gorgeous views!

03/04/2018
This is a steady elevation gain on the way to the lake.
Nothing that can't be done with some boots, but putting on spikes on the way down is ideal. These trails are great for carrying snowshoes with you so you can get off the beaten path during winter. Which is great because all the trails in this little area are heavily crowded with people. Crowded year round basically.

Mostly snow packed but fun if you go just off the trail..fresh powder and a real feel for snowshoeing when you do that.

We didn’t do the route on the app; we did what the ranger described as the “winter trail.” This was a ranger-led snowshoe program, which I definitely recommend for beginners. I think they offer it every Sunday during the winter. The program itself is more about ecology than snowshoeing technique, but the rangers are there if you have any issues and it’s a good way to get comfortable with the equipment. (You have to provide your own snowshoes.) The ranger led us across the middle of frozen Bear Lake, which was fun.

Lake is frozen. Snow snow and snow everywhere. Snow covered beautiful place.

Very cold and wicked windy on the day of this review (11.18.17). Park ranger said it was 0° with the windchill. Snow pack was good but I highly recommend traction support. We rented ours for $5/pair at the warming hut. Thank goodness we did because I fell in the parking lot without them on. We also saw 2 accidents on the road up to the Bear Lake area. But it was beautiful and manageable with warm gear and traction.

Steady climb up to lake which is small but perfectly delightful! Freezing cold when we were there today following heavy snowfall overnight! But easy enough route manageable by most people/abilities? Road up was a different matter but the conditions improved BH the time we left!

ludicrously gorgeous for a short but inclined hike!

This is a picturesque small lake ringed by pond lilies. Unfortunately, overhanging clouds and mist obstructed the views of the surrounding peaks from here during my late July hike. Even with the low clouds though, there were still a few impressive views visible on the short and steady hike up from the Bear Lake parking area. I continued on to Dream and Emerald Lakes and was fortunate there were some breaks in the clouds to reveal the stunning views.

Beautiful!!

Fun trail. View of the lake with the mountains in the background is incredible.

This is such a great beginner level hike!! It is only a mile but the elevation increase on the way up makes it a great workout! It's a beautiful hike with some beautiful scenery. Watch your step going up and down because in some places the trail path is patchy.

Easy first day hike, keep going to the end of the trail head

Easy hike from Bear Lake. Lots of Lilly pads.

Nymph Lake is a hike that's short and sweet. Lily Pads decorate the lake and the mountains in the back are beautiful! Great place to take pictures without breaking too much sweat. On the same day we did Dream Lake and Emerald Lake. Which (if you continue the trail) is on the same path!

this was an amazing stop on our hike !!! so thankful to be able to see the untouched beauty the world has to offer! beautiful lilly pads fill the lake and loops around, worthy! pack snacks

Beautiful little lake on our way to Dream Lake!

Easy hike!! Loved the yellow lily pads!! This trail was less populated than Bear Lake!

Easy hike. Very pretty lake with yellow water lillies. Moderate traffic - start early.

Nymph Lake Trail had a pretty decent looking lake that had a ton of lilly pads and wild flowers. It was pretty cool but the waters were murky and wasn't as good as Bear Lake. The hike to get to the lake didn't have anything too special about it as well.

Great hike and a beautiful lake with all the lily pads!

keep going up to dream and emerald

Great hike. Lots of people.

Beautiful lake. My husband and I went here after they got 50 inches of snow in late May. Made the hike a bit slippery with all the snow getting packed down from everybody. Would recommend snowshoes next time, if trails are snowy.

Went on May 28 and it was fairly snowy but doable in tennis shoes. Lake was beautiful and peaceful with a little less traffic than Bear Lake where we started from.