Nymph, Dream, Haiyaha and Loch Vale Lakes Loop

Nymph, Dream, Haiyaha and Loch Vale Lakes Loop is a 7.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fall River Estates Subdivision, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September.

I did this trail on 6/16/18. We started at the Bear Lake trailhead at 7:30 because the glacier trail lot was full. We went from Bear Lake trailhead clockwise to the Loch past Alberta Falls and then added Sky Pond.

Sky pond was incredible and one of the most fun hikes I've been on. This was one of the only spots that still had snow, but it was completely tracked and manageable.

After that he went to Lake Haiyaha, down to Dream Lake, and also added Emerald Lake. Then went down to Nymph and Bear lakes. In the end we got 8 lakes and a great time. the loop was beautiful and would go again.

I began this trail as early as I could get there in the morning, but the beginning section up to the cutoff to Dream and Emerald lakes was very busy even then. When I took the path up to Haiyaha, I had to cross some snow to get on it (even still) but it was much less traveled. It was a great hike up to the lakes and I got lots of pictures. On the way back down through Glacier Gorge and the falls it got very crowded again. The NPS never disappoints with how the trails are maintained. When you get to Lake H, go on past the big gnarly curled pine and do some bouldering and scrambling to get to some great views of the other part of the lake. It was a very cool hike!

We started out at 10 am and found a lot of people on the Nymph-Dream-Emerald Lake sections. Sometimes enough for a hiking traffic jam! We decided to go on to Emerald adding another 1.4 to our hike. The trail just above Dream Lake to Lake Haiyaha was the most treacherous for our family, climbing the snow melt with steep drop offs to the right. We never made it to Lake H as the footpath disappeared and we met others that had a hard time finding it. Luckily we found a lovely spot to picnic in the boulders and then continued toward Glacier Gorge. We also didn't do the Lake Loch Trail as thunder was on the horizon. The trail was even and meandered amongst the aspens and log-bridged creeks. Good thing we kept pace because at Alberta Falls, the heavens opened to pea-sized hail! It was an adventurous and rewarding 4.5 hour hike including lots of photo ops and our picnic!

Gorgeous area. Good traction strongly advised right now. The light layer of snow hides the treacherous ice on many parts of the loop.

Awesome