Nugget Hill Trail

Nugget Hill Trail is a 4.4 mile out and back trail located near Jamestown, Colorado that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips.

This trail is amazingly isolated with incredible 360 views on Nugget Hill of Boulder, the Flatirons, Longs Peak, and the Indian peaks wilderness.

If the trail were more crowded, it would certainly get 3 stars. The rating I'm giving here reflects my personal experience, but it should be noted: the trail quality is absolute garbage for hiking. This is primarily a MTB/MTX trail, and it shows. It's not maintained, has VERY steep sections with screen and loose dirt, and is generally hard to navigate and not comfortable or especially stable.

However - the views at the end are incredible and you'll definitely escape the crowds here, so for me this one was great!

We didn't do this. impossible to find, not marked and we went to Switzerland trail instead. Couldn't tell at one point if it was someone's house

I do A LOT of hiking with my pup and I’ve never found a single tick on her in Colorado— until this hike. I pulled 9 ticks off my dog and one off myself. Avoid this place like the plague if you have a dog or don’t want to bring ticks back into your car/home. On a positive, the view at the peak was great, but absolutely not worth it.

At first, I thought the trailhead was someone’s driveway-nothing is marked. The trail is great and is also used by dirt bikers (although I didn’t mind). Definitely very rocky and the incline is relentless. I love that it isn’t well-known.
Some sites say the trail is closed since the flood but I didn’t see any signs indicating this so I went for it!

make sure to stay on the right trail!! I accidentally went to the left in the area where 2 different trails meet!! make sure to look for the sign for trail 509, it will be a sharp right going straight up! it's a real pain in the ass but worth the view from the top. the trail to the left goes on to a national Forest trail and will have yellow signs indicating as such; not sure the name of this trail yet (if someone knows hit me up) and it has some nice views on this small look I ended up doing, but doesn't lead up to the peak of nugget Hill!! the views at the top of nugget are way better and definitely worth the sunburns and sweat :) also agree with everyone else this is NOT a moderate trail, so bring lots of food and water!!!

While the views were nice, the trail itself is steep and difficult to keep solid footing on as it is mostly loose rocks and gravel (and I am very sturdy on my feet). There were few other hikers but I did come across three dirt bikers which was not ideal.

Good butt burn. Little hard to find the trail head - sneaks up on you

Great hike. Intense work out, beautiful 360 views at the top. Looks like it was an old road and is now used for dirt bikes. I had to stop a few times and move to the side for riders but once the smoke from the dirt bikes cleared away it was peaceful and calm. The views at the top were well worth it. Would also rate this as hard, it’s pretty steep. Definitely recommend!

Personally, I would rate this trail on the harder side. It’s steep and rocky going up, but absolutely worth it! The views are so incredible! Very glad I didn’t wear my hiking sandals and went with my boots instead due to the sand and gravel. At the first fork, go left to stay on the trail. After mini pride rock, once you hit the grassy open area, stay to the right and go straight up. The views from the end of the trail/summit are amazing and 360 degrees of beauty. When I got up there, the universe blessed me with a gorgeous rainbow. I only saw 3 other small hiking groups and I was there for 5 hours. If you want a workout, hike this trail!