North Table Mountain and Rim Rock Loop

North Table Mountain and Rim Rock Loop is a 8.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Golden, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Relatively new trail system near Golden. A good trail if you want something short and relatively easy.

I missed a turn and went up a draw on the far SW end and it was way too steep and technical for me to pedal. Had to take the bike for a walk for a while. Better navigation next time!

Love this place! My husband takes our 5 year old mountain biking while myself and the 1 year old hike up to the tabletop. It’s decently trafficked. I’ve never had some of the issues others have said about not enough room for bikers/hikers, but we also go in the afternoon. It does get toasty, bring plenty of water and a snack. The views are worth the leg burn!

Beautiful view of Denver, Golden, and Front range. A Quick climb.

We live near this trail, so we hike it about once per week. We typically walk up one side, across or along the rim, down another side, turn around and retrace to get back to our start. The uphill portions are a great cardio workout! The entire mesa is like a different world. We’ve seen deer grazing - and twice this summer we’ve seen rattlesnakes on the trail. The second time was this morning as we came across a baby one stretched across the trail for the sun. My advice: Take water as it’s hot up there when sunny, and, honestly, watch for snakes. Lots of people hike up wearing open sport sandals. I wear snake gaiters that go from the ankle of my hiking shoes to my knees. Whatever you wear, just be in the lookout.

Four stars because there really isn’t shade after very early morning on one of the uphill paths.

Not at all what you would expect a top a mesa. wonderful walk, floral, geological formations, views.. best climb in Golden.

We were hiking but kept having to stop and move over for bikers, Trail is too narrow for both hikers and bikers.

Very windy and I almost stepped on a tiny baby Rattler on the trail! A bit unnerving.

Nice short hike if you are looking for a quick workout. Good views of Golden and beautiful rolling hills looking back towards the mountains at the top. Veer left at the fork for a longer but more gradual incline to the top. Plenty of bikers so stay alert and move off the trail when they come by. A great weekday evening option.

Beautiful hike but very busy. I would definitely try and car pool as most people don’t. Also, watch out for mountain bikers, you have to move frequently to get out of their way.

It was a fantastic hike! Very steep at the start but beautiful once you get to the top. Family-friendly experience, one of a lifetime! We saw a snake as well. Bring water!

love it!

It depends on which trail you do. The North Table Loop is more of a great walk than hike, but once I got around the backside of the mountain, I got on the Mesa Top Trail and had some incline. There isn't any shade, so go early! The Mesa is beautiful and there are many birds and butterflies.

I’m sure the trails are great when it’s cool. It’s pretty easy to navigate. There are some harder sections with incline, but also flat sections to catch your breath. BUT there is pretty much NO SHADE. So currently, in this heat wave. Do not do this trail.

Love this trail! Great views with varied terrain. People hiking, running, and biking have all been friendly. Watch for rattlesnakes in the summer and fall.

steep but easy, took my son with me. Pretty view of Golden and Denver at the top

Lovely trail! I went this afternoon in 90deg weather and had a lovely hike nonetheless! There's definitely no shade on this hike, so plan accordingly with sunscreen and hats. Seems to be a popular mountain biking trail and I can see why! The mesa on top would be great for biking. I saw quite a bit of wildlife too - birds, rabbits, and deer. Great views of Golden and Denver.

One thing to note on this particular route is that the North Table Mountain section is closed from February to July 31st to protect the nesting sites of a few different native sparrow species, so the hike was more like 7 miles, instead of 8. I also did the quick side hike (Lichen Peak Trail - hikers only, no bikes) up to the highest point on the mesa where I had my rest break/snack, so that added about half a mile to my trip.

Fun close to home hike. Hiking,mountain biking, trail running, and climbing all in one spot. What else could you ask for?!?!?!

My 6 year old son and I walked this yesterday. It was a lot of uphill so I was proud of my son for finishing without complaint. There was quite a bit of traffic, mostly people walking but there was a few bicycles. Great views at the top, would definitely do it again.

Once you get past the steep ascent on the the east side, it’s an enjoyable ride there after. Beautiful views, lots of birds and flowers. Even though there are a few tricky portions, I wouldn’t consider this as a technical trail (it was doable for me as a newbie biker)

This place is always a go to for me that's close to home & I'm crunched for time. A ton of wildflowers!

Really like this trail for running. Nice climb to start with then good single track loop around the mt. With lots of elevation changes. Views of nature, rocks, trees and the area surrounding the city of Golden. Limited shade and rocky in places.
Busy on weekends and the parking lot does fill up but there are many other great trails around there also if you can’t go there.

Lots of mountain bikers on the weekend but they are very courteous amd willing to share the trail.

Do not bring your dogs, there are many snakes. We encountered a large bull snake and a huge, angry rattle snake. Having my dog on leash gave me anxiety due to the tall grasses and narrow paths. Also, there is the Colors factory next to 3 miles of the hike along with a highway. It was very noisy.

I personally love this trail, It’s a good ride and there are different trails to take up to the top. Great ride up with good views.

It’s neat once you get to the top. There are a ton of trails you can catch. Lots of mountain bikers, but it’s a wider trail and there’s room for all. There was some mud yesterday, but no ice or snow.

Amazing hike great views, but a lot of bicycles in the week, bring sunblock and a lot of water.

this is a good hike. not too busy and friendly people. hike on!!!

Pretty muddy today. But great hike, beautiful views, and good work out.

Went off trail without knowing it and ended up at a dead end- had to turn around and backtrack. Good trail overall, inclined and rocky.

Had a little trouble finding the trail. Once we did it was a great hike.

Difficult but awesome! Be aware of the many bikers on the trail if you are planning on hiking or running the trail. The views were gorgeous and I would definitely do it again!