North Table Mountain and Rim Rock Loop

North Table Mountain and Rim Rock Loop is a 8.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Golden, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Relatively new trail system near Golden. A good trail if you want something short and relatively easy.

love it!

It depends on which trail you do. The North Table Loop is more of a great walk than hike, but once I got around the backside of the mountain, I got on the Mesa Top Trail and had some incline. There isn't any shade, so go early! The Mesa is beautiful and there are many birds and butterflies.

I’m sure the trails are great when it’s cool. It’s pretty easy to navigate. There are some harder sections with incline, but also flat sections to catch your breath. BUT there is pretty much NO SHADE. So currently, in this heat wave. Do not do this trail.

Love this trail! Great views with varied terrain. People hiking, running, and biking have all been friendly. Watch for rattlesnakes in the summer and fall.

steep but easy, took my son with me. Pretty view of Golden and Denver at the top

Lovely trail! I went this afternoon in 90deg weather and had a lovely hike nonetheless! There's definitely no shade on this hike, so plan accordingly with sunscreen and hats. Seems to be a popular mountain biking trail and I can see why! The mesa on top would be great for biking. I saw quite a bit of wildlife too - birds, rabbits, and deer. Great views of Golden and Denver.

One thing to note on this particular route is that the North Table Mountain section is closed from February to July 31st to protect the nesting sites of a few different native sparrow species, so the hike was more like 7 miles, instead of 8. I also did the quick side hike (Lichen Peak Trail - hikers only, no bikes) up to the highest point on the mesa where I had my rest break/snack, so that added about half a mile to my trip.

Fun close to home hike. Hiking,mountain biking, trail running, and climbing all in one spot. What else could you ask for?!?!?!

My 6 year old son and I walked this yesterday. It was a lot of uphill so I was proud of my son for finishing without complaint. There was quite a bit of traffic, mostly people walking but there was a few bicycles. Great views at the top, would definitely do it again.

Once you get past the steep ascent on the the east side, it’s an enjoyable ride there after. Beautiful views, lots of birds and flowers. Even though there are a few tricky portions, I wouldn’t consider this as a technical trail (it was doable for me as a newbie biker)

This place is always a go to for me that's close to home & I'm crunched for time. A ton of wildflowers!

Really like this trail for running. Nice climb to start with then good single track loop around the mt. With lots of elevation changes. Views of nature, rocks, trees and the area surrounding the city of Golden. Limited shade and rocky in places.
Busy on weekends and the parking lot does fill up but there are many other great trails around there also if you can’t go there.

Lots of mountain bikers on the weekend but they are very courteous amd willing to share the trail.

Do not bring your dogs, there are many snakes. We encountered a large bull snake and a huge, angry rattle snake. Having my dog on leash gave me anxiety due to the tall grasses and narrow paths. Also, there is the Colors factory next to 3 miles of the hike along with a highway. It was very noisy.

I personally love this trail, It’s a good ride and there are different trails to take up to the top. Great ride up with good views.

It’s neat once you get to the top. There are a ton of trails you can catch. Lots of mountain bikers, but it’s a wider trail and there’s room for all. There was some mud yesterday, but no ice or snow.

Amazing hike great views, but a lot of bicycles in the week, bring sunblock and a lot of water.

this is a good hike. not too busy and friendly people. hike on!!!

Pretty muddy today. But great hike, beautiful views, and good work out.

Went off trail without knowing it and ended up at a dead end- had to turn around and backtrack. Good trail overall, inclined and rocky.

Had a little trouble finding the trail. Once we did it was a great hike.

Difficult but awesome! Be aware of the many bikers on the trail if you are planning on hiking or running the trail. The views were gorgeous and I would definitely do it again!

Was fun , great for a quick weekend hike ! Was pretty active a lot of bike riders but they were courteous and path was shared .
Great views found a little hidden water fall that was frozen ! Kids loved it would go back again .

Pretty boring at this time of year.

Very moderate incline and declines over the long trail. Quite populated but not overbearing. Beautiful scenery and overall great weekend hike!

2/27/18
Nice hike close to home. There are foxes/ coyote in the area so please, please keep your dogs on leash. Saw poor Suzie getting cornered by a pack of 4, i was too far to see what exactly they were. Thankfully the owner retrieved the dog with no major issue but it could very well have gone another way.
I spoke with a jeffco ranger who said a female mountain has been known to frequent the area so please keep your furry friends close and also, pack out their poo.

The views were great and there weren’t too many ppl since I went on a Wednesday but the storms last week made parts of the trail incredibly muddy/slippery... would definitely go again though when the trail is in better shape! Bring sunscreen though since the trail is rarely shaded and know that the Rim Trail portion is closed beginning of February through July (pretty sure those were the dates).

We completed a 3.8 mile loop from North Table Loop to Mesa Top Trail to Cottonwood Canyon Trail. There was a lot of snow on the top of the mesa, but it was a fantastic hike, with some neat views. The mesa's totally exposed (no shade), so it actually makes for a really good winter hike-- I'm sure the sun beating down could be brutal in the middle of the summer.

Fun trail! Easy to follow, nice for bikers, has a few shady spots with good views. Parking’s available at trailhead. I went feb 9 and the Rim Rock trail along with the east portion of the Mesa Top trail (black diamond part) were closed.

A bit muddy because of the recent snow, but fairly easy over all.

Great trail to get your outdoor exercise done! Trail was mostly clear of ice and where the snow was it wasn’t bad going thru. I was never close to falling, that’s how I judge the trails in the winter.

Not really a hike but a really awesome afternoon walk. There are a lot of mountain bikers and trail runners. Cool views!