North Table Mountain and Rim Rock Loop

North Table Mountain and Rim Rock Loop is a 8.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Golden, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Relatively new trail system near Golden. A good trail if you want something short and relatively easy.

Not really a hike but a really awesome afternoon walk. There are a lot of mountain bikers and trail runners. Cool views!

Not great views or hiking. I’d recommend a different trail, looked fun for biking though!

We hit this just right on a Tuesday morning. Left from the trailhead just before 9am. We didn't see anyone at all for the first 2 hours. No bikes either! Also no rattlesnakes. Be sure to take the short excursion to Lichen Peak for cool views. Trailhead has lots of parking + bathrooms. Print out a map to take with you so that you know what all your trail options are; it's fun adding on extra little side trails if it's nice weather.

Busy trail but nice views of downtown and surrounding areas.

This one was rough for me in the beginning. It was very steep, but once you get to the top it’s smooth sailing. I am overweight, so that is why it was more difficult.

Good for if you want some fresh air but don't want to drive far from Denver. Took my dog there to stretch his legs after work and I'll definitely be back. Don't be fooled, this a city hike, but you get some decent views and a good workout.

Did this yesterday. Seems like a better biking or running trail rather than hiking. Mostly flat, not very interesting, not great views.

Laxed biking spot and good slope for hiking

Nicely worn trail, good elevation gains, city scape scenery, cliff side views:)

Many, many snakes during the warmer months!

This isn't my favorite hike. At one point the trail ran along an industrial warehouse...not what I'm looking for when I'm hiking. But the real downfall was having to yield to all the mountain bikers. None of them called out their approach so I was often left to scramble out of the way. Mountain bikers have clearly taken over so maybe it's best to just give them this one.

trail is good for hiking, trail running, or biking. tends to get crowded. almost no shade, so wear plenty of sunscreen.

Among the toughest runs I've ever completed along the North Table Loop, but the difficulty was worth the payoff of some incredible views. Can't wait to go back to Colorado and run it again!

The rock climbing was fun but we were in the mood for the woods.

First timer mountain biking and we decided to go up North Table Mountain. The struggle was real but we made it to the top!

It was a really good training trail!

I live in California and was visiting family. Found this trail and it was amazing medium difficulty for running. Lots of hikers and mountain bikers. Everyone I encountered was very friendly.

I love this trail - especially for a sunrise hike! The first 20-30 mins is definitely challenging, but worth the payoff. Awesome views and not far from Denver.

Hiked the North Table Loop. Started at the West Parking Lot and hiked counter clockwise. The initial leg is quite steep but once done the remainder of the trail was pleasant. Wear sunscreen, bring a hat and tons of water! Nice views of downtown Denver and beautiful blooming sunflowers.

Great "city" trail, convenient. Exposed, so early morning is ideal. Lots of bikers, not too many dogs. Would definitely do again.