North Lone Pine Trail is a 8.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Red Feather Lakes, Colorado. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Fort Collins: Travel 20 miles north on Highway 287 to Livermore; go 28 miles west on County Road 74E (Red Feather Lakes Road) and County Road 162 (Manhattan Road) to the North Lone Pine Trailhead.

One of the prettiest hikes I've been on around Red Feather Lakes. Definitely agree that it was more moderate than easy, but my 9 and 12 year old did fine. We turned around at the 2.5mi mark, so a total of 5 miles. Took us three hours. Absolutely recommend!

Gorgeous lush trail that has not had much traffic. We did not encounter another person on the full hike out and back. However, the gate from the main forest road to trail head was locked and we had to park and walk approximately mile and half (estimating) to just reach the trail head. Just a heads up if you plan to go. There was no notice of it planning to be reopened. The trail itself is beautiful. Runoff in the creek was high. One of my favorite hiking places!

Sunday, October 08, 2017

This is a rocky pathway. Beautiful forest. Not an easy trail, I would call it moderate. Didn't hike the whole trail. Definitely coming back to do it again.

Sunday, September 03, 2017

First off this should not be listed as "easy". When compared to Mount Margaret or Lady Moon. Being an avid hiker I would call this trail "moderate". From start to finish-ending at the base of baldy mountain it took 10.7 miles round trip. Beautiful lush forest that offers a lot of good shade for much of it. Plenty of streams for dogs!
Great trail!