North Gross Jeep Trail: Road 68

North Gross Jeep Trail: Road 68 is a 3 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Lake Shore Park, Colorado that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

off road driving

Fun trail. Did it today to test out my new (to me) stock ‘18 JLU Rubicon. Not much snow. Good views and just enough obstacle challenges to scare my 12 y.o. daughter.

off road driving

Very fun trail did it in a 2008 4Runner and a 2008 fj cruiser little bit of snow this time of year but not a lot to affect trail conditions to bad

Drove this last Sunday in my stock 4 door 2016 rubicon. A little snow & Ice in a few places but not bad. Rocky at the start but gets easier the further you go.

off road driving

Did the trail today in my stock 2018 Tacoma TRD off-road. Fun little trail! Nothing that pushed my truck too hard. The initial climb from the Gross side has a few flexy/rocky sections that required some line choice, after that the trail eased up. Mostly dry today with a small amount of snow and ice.

off road driving

Disclaimer!if you follow the GPS you'll come to the start of the trail there's a little turnaround area and the road leads to left with the signs saying no parking gate ahead turn around here. ignore this! there's no closed gate. While you're driving on this road there will be signs everywhere saying no trespassing private property, this road doesn't appear to be private property it is a access road to get back to all the houses that are back here. Just stay on the trail and you'll be fine. Shortly after horse trailer parking the road dirt and really smooth. I just turned around and went back. trail in took like 35min and that was stopping for pictures and waypoint entry.
Trail was moderate but on the EZ side of moderate. Some narrow paths for the first mile maybe.
2013 Jeep unlimited sport, 4inch lift on 22inch 35's tires. stock Jeep could do this Trail

off road driving

Good confidence builder for a beginner. Any stock 4x4 with off road tires and no rear sway bar should be able to handle this short trail. Going east to west just after the trail begins there is a rocky rutted climb that will force you to choose a good line if you don’t have a locker. Just up from that there is an off camber where your passenger side will be rock climbing while your driver side is flirting with the edge. The rest is just a power line right of way with some minor wash outs.

1993 Explorer stock, no rear sway bar,
31” Km2 M/T

off road driving

Nice little trail. Just let the suspension do it’s thing in a couple of spots and threw around some mud in a few times. Not technical at all but my passengers were thrilled.

2017 JKU 2” BB lift 33” Duratracs @ 25psi. I always air down for comfort and peace of mind, regardless of technicality of trail.

good, did it in my 2008 RAM stock

Did it in a stock 2014 Nissan frontier with my 5 year old and one year old And wife had no problems had 30 psi Leftkit would be nice but not necessary

Great easy trail. Did this in my 2018 stock JL Rubicon.

off road driving

For what I was after (a family friendly trail), this was a great trail. I had the family with me, so my 4.5 yr old and 1.5 yr old were entertained and we were able to stop and hike a few places. So, it was more interesting than a fire road, with spots to hike that my wife likes and it’s a short trail (3-4 miles) only about 20 miles or so from our house. Great all around.

2016 4Runner Trail
3” Toytec
33” BFG KO2
(so my vehicle is way overkill for this, there was a stock 4Runner SR5 and a new stock JL Wrangler out there too).

off road driving

Road from the east was moderately difficult, then for about .75 miles it was suited for a 4x4. then it was pretty tame for the remainder. Over half was a gravel or dirt mountain road.
We also climbed the Twin Sister's PEAK via the trailhead about a mile in. Excellent hike, about 3.1 miles round trip.

Toooo tooo toooo easy took a 98 Jeep Cherokee 31 2.5 lift tires @30psi
Took us about 30 min to do the trail a few mud spots
And about 5 okay rocky spots but over all did everything in 2 wheel with an open diff very nice drive otherwise first trail iv done in Colorado.

off road driving

Can I take a RZR out there?

off road driving

Went out at the request of my 4 year old daughter today so we headed on up to this trail. I'd say it was pretty fun with a few minor obstacles. Definitely not the most challanging trail I've been on but it was sure nice to get out and flex the suspension a little bit. I'd probably come back for just a quick day outing. Running a 2011 JK sport with 3.25" lift and 35s.

off road driving

Cool little trail. Did it yesterday in a thunderstorm but didn't get washed out. You need some clearance for the rocky areas. I mean you might be able to get by but you'd risk bottoming out. Overall it's a fun trail that's close to the front range area.

My rig:
2001 cherokee XJ
3.5inch lift on 31s

off road driving

fun little trail. wife, kids and I enjoyed it. little short but nice. 2016 Rubicon stock

off road driving

Tried this trail in my completely stock 2016 Jeep Renegade, bottomed out 3 times, but other than that, had no issues making in through the terrain. Nice scenery

Short trail - definitely do the Twin Sisters. Quick and easy, fun!

off road driving

Good little trail. We came up from the east side and headed on up. Nothing too crazy, but it was a good trail to start the day with.

off road driving

Nice little trail, lots of features and terrain type. My stock 2018 JL Rubi had zero issues! 33 tires, no lift

off road driving

Fun trail, my stock 15 Rubicon handled it with ease.

off road driving

Fun ,Moderate trail, REALLY! Rocky and one lane for a bit which can be intense. Overall wife and I had a blast, Slow and steady we went ,didn't air down the tires. Driving a 2014 Rubicon Unlimited with a 6inch lift and 35 inch mudders. Would do again and again! Didn't bottom out either..

off road driving

Drove the trail today. First time on a trail like that, ever. Was alone and it made me a little nervous at times just due to inexperience. My jeep is a rubicon and has 35s with a 4” Tara flex. It handled the trail perfectly! Only issue was a group going the opposite way became an issue.

off road driving

Today’s method of travel was a Jeep YJ that has a 2” lift but is otherwise stock. (No need to air down the tires.)

Not overly challenging, I’d say moderate is a fair assessment. It’s a short trail and we encountered several tent campers along the way. The perfect place for beginners. I gave it an extra star for the scenery just to get to the trailhead.

I’m a two wheeled adventure fan and this would be way to short and boring for my dirt machine. UTV’s would get bored quickly.

Fun wet day! Not very long, not very difficult. Great time!

off road driving

Very fun and not too challenging. Only a couple spots where decent ground clearance was useful.

I got thru it on my stock 4Runner. Very fun.

off road driving

Hi, can anyone tell me is this a good trail for a UTV.
Thanks

off road driving

Great trail; enough obstacles to keep your attention, but nothing too sketchy.