North Gross Jeep Trail: Road 68

North Gross Jeep Trail: Road 68 is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Lake Shore Park, Colorado that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

off road driving

Posted sign at trail head stating trail closed for restoration efforts. No start or end date listed. (sad face)

off road driving

I just moved from Texas and have never done off road driving before. bought a new 2017 f150 fx4 3.5 ecoboost a couple days ago and wanted to try it out so I chose give this trail a try. most fun I've had driving ever. had a few points where I thought I was going to flip my truck. there were a few times I thought I'd broken something but turns out it was just the rocks hitting my skid plate. definitely would do it again but with better weather. started sprinkling when I arrived but God held it off until I finished. then the heavier ran started. and it was awesome having the mud puddle at the end of the trail

off road driving

Very fun beginner road with some challenging spots, but nothing that is going to hurt anyone or the jeep. Took new teen driver in stock 2012 Wrangler, just west of Boulder, drove half the route in 4L, Some great views, some spots to develop technical skills and confidence with the help of a spotter around the bumps. Had to drive carefully in a few spots to avoid adding pinstripes. Started out very nervous and by the end our driver has a lot more confidence and comfort behind the wheel. Drove East to West, but if the easiest route is needed, the opposite direction would leave the more rocky spots for the end. There are plenty of scenic spots to pull off along the way.

off road driving

Fun run, done along with Gross Reservoir trail. Did it in a stock 2017 Trail Rated Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with adventure package. A couple of nice little challenges but nothing too crazy. Agree with Eli regarding difficulty of north trail vs. campground trail. Good outing for getting back into off-roading.

off road driving

7/2/17- Drove both the Gross Reservoir and this trail on the same day. This road will bring you back to Flagstaff. In my opinion this trail is much more suited for 4x4 in comparison to the Campground road which some sedans were able to navigate. Nothing too difficult, easily completed with JK with 2.5 inch lift and 33's