Learn more

No Name Lake Trail is a 10.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Antonito, Colorado that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 10.8 miles Elevation Gain: 2,979 feet Route Type: Out & Back

hard to find the trail, I stayed straight on the path until a fork marked by two posts in the ground, stayed to the right and a mile later hit a lake, this was not no name lake, but there is a trail that continued that will bring you to no name. I used my garmin GPS watch to track the hike and compared maps later in the day. see pictures for comparison. The lake I reached was in the middle of a gorgeous meadow, the trail was well marked through the area so I am confident this lake and no name lake are close to each other.

Sun Aug 21 2016

The lake is amazing. It is peaceful and unbelievably beautiful. The water from it tastes sweeter than any water I've ever tasted. The trail is sometimes difficult to follow and isn't very well maintained. Watch closely for small cairns and be cautious you don't follow a false trail.

Sun Jun 30 2013

Nice lake, trail was hard to follow due to the lack of use and trail markers were all torn down. We replaced them. Great meadows and flowers. No sign of fish in the lake someone even wrote no fish on the lake sign. Lots of Mosquitos.