Mule Creek Trail

Mule Creek Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Woodland Park, Colorado that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

easy trail along shady Creek.

I take my dog here fairly often and my parents took me here when I was little. People rarely have their dogs on a leash so be prepared for that if you have a skittish dog. Overall I love it, but I agree with the reviewer here who mentioned the pollution. It's a very easy, leisurely hike, you just have to find the little makeshift bridges to cross the stream in places. There is no view but the beauty of the forest makes up for that.

Oh how I wish I could give this trail 5 stars as it is truly beautiful along the creek. I use to bike here 15 years ago. I dropped a star because the first 30 minutes of trail it is evident of a polluted creek - you can smell it, see the foam collecting along the banks and rocks, and my dog would not go in it or drink it. The smell and foam increase as you hike up the trail and Just before the private land and no trespassing sign, cross the creek to the right. Someone built a "bridge" so you don't have to put your feet in this water, but if you choose not to use the bridge, know that there is a clean snow fed creek that you come upon almost immediately to rinse off and it stays with you the rest of the way. There are several entries to this clean creek for your dog to get drink and for you to cool off. You will see wild irises. When you come to the road, cross it - trail continues. Quiet peaceful easy hike. And as others have mentioned, not populated and no dirt bikes allowed (this is new since my last time here in 2002)

This trail is pretty great. Follows a nice little stream. Muddy in spots, with a few easy water crossings. Hardly anyone there. My dog had a blast. Don't trust all the pics on here, some are clearly not from this trail. The trail doesn't end where the map shows it does, you just have to cross the stream and it keeps going farther, you'll cross a dirt road it keeps going even farther.

It's a lovely walk, follows the creek, very easy, little or no altitude gain, good walk to relax and enjoy the woods. Also great for dog who loves water.

Simple and peaceful. My dogs absolutely loved this trail.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015