Mount Cutler Trail

Mount Cutler Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Here is a leisurely family hike you can do in a morning or afternoon. Mount Cutler - named after Henry Cutler, one of General Palmer's friends and a supporter of Colorado College - rises above Cheyenne Creek about half way up the Cheyenne Canyon, on the south side. The trailhead is well marked and has ample parking. Spectacular views are available from the summits.

25 minutes ago

Nice trail with a beautiful view at the top.

Has a great payoff at the end - beautiful spot for a picnic! Some steep spots but still pretty family friendly.

Amazing views

Trail had great views, real easy for my dog and I. Great trail for so close to Colorado Springs

I took my kids and our dog. The trail is easy, but uphill. This is definitely an “older kid” friendly trail. I have two toddlers and this trail has a sharp drop off, which can be dangerous for little ones. The gravel path is easy to slip on in a few areas so my toddlers fell a few times while holding my hands. But all in all a great trail.

Uphill obviously, but easy enough! Great views along the way. Worth doing again.

nice little spot on the top to put up a couple hammocks

Great simple easy hike, pretty much a walk through the forest with some views along the way. The summit is actually where the bench is located. Though there are many pathways/areas you can explore while up there, just becareful as some of the ledges are steep/slippery due to loose gravel/rocks. Great views at the top!

Absolutely beautiful trail. The views from the top are breathtaking. Very easy hike to show out of towners the best Colorado has to offer !

Nice, short trail with great views. Only reason I'm not giving it a 5 is because of the irresponsible dog owners leaving gifts along the path.

Great hike with beautiful views! Relatively short and very easy to access right off the road.

First time hiking and it was amazing! I’m from NY and I must say I love the mountains

This was a pretty easy hike! If you go in the winter or early spring, take spikes if you have them. We went two weeks ago and it was still iced over in spots. We did fine without but I’ll take them next time! Easy trail with gorgeous views!

Short, easy trail with awesome views! Wish I would’ve had clamps for the beginning part but it wasn’t necessary. Love this trail!

This was a fun and pretty easy trail with numerous views along the way! I would definitely do this trail again. A little bit of snow and ice but with my spikes on my boots, easy to do and no snow toward the top!

However be careful about leaving any valuables in your car. My husband and I came back to the trailhead and a group of hikers had their car broken into and a purse/wallet stolen. It was a late afternoon on a Friday but still light out.

lovely trail, not too difficult. There was some snow and ice when I hiked it; trekking poles helped me balance on the icy bits but were not necessary, as my husband did fine without any. Great views at the top, I definitely recommend it.

Great trail! When you get to the peak of the mountain and still have strength, you’ve got the trail up to Mount Muscoco if you turn left at the fork instead of right. There is also a cave-like opening about half way up the trail to Cutler, it only goes about 4 feet in but it’s still a good place to take a photo.

A nice hike overlooking the city and the canyon. There was snow on the trail, and an easy hike.

good trail

Great views the entire way!! Easy hike and great with kids.

Great hike! Easy, with great views.

Good hike, however there is a sketchy part towards the summit and all of the loose gravel can make you lose your footing at times. Beautiful views and great for beginners.

Great hike. Not packed at all on a Saturday. Brought my 3 year old and she hiked the whole thing with no problem, really fun for a family and pretty quick.

went on this trail while in vacation in Colorado!! this was the perfect scenic hike for our short time!!

Easy hike for a family. Our 4 year old walked the entire trail. Very enjoyable with some awesome views along the way. Reccomended for good family time.

It was a pretty descent trail, I wouldn’t recommend going if it just snowed or if it just rained and it’s really cold because ice would be a problem. There was also this really dangerous part was like on one side you had the mountain and on the other side you had a sheer cliff that I wouldn’t recommend falling off of. Other than that small part the views s were great, even in the dangerous part, y if you have a dog then make sure you keep control of him or her on that one part

Beautiful hike- friendly for our five year old kids with an awesome set of views at the top.

Cutler is one of our favorite trails. It has so much to offer - steady incline, gorgeous views overlooking Seven Falls and the zip lines, and beautiful views of the canyon and Gold Creek Road. Unfortunately, certain dog owners are ruining it for others by not cleaning up after their pooch. Don't get us wrong; we are dog lovers and respect all those who wouldn't dream of leaving their dog's mess for someone to step in but there are too many people who do just the opposite. If you want to take your dog on a hike, please take the responsibility of taking care of this so we can all enjoy nature at its best!

Beautiful views! Something short and fairly easy, but they need some better markers towards the end of the trail.

Such a beautiful view . Walk down the huge hill at the end of the hike for phenomenal views . Gorgeous with a little snow in October and such a lovely short hike around sunset ! Good if you’re looking for something mellow