Mount Cutler Trail

Mount Cutler Trail is a 1.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.7 miles Elevation Gain: 472 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Here is a leisurely family hike you can do in a morning or afternoon. Mount Cutler - named after Henry Cutler, one of General Palmer's friends and a supporter of Colorado College - rises above Cheyenne Creek about half way up the Cheyenne Canyon, on the south side. The trailhead is well marked and has limited parking. Spectacular views are available from the summits.

There are incredible views all the way up. Short and easy trail but a lot of loose rocks and some narrow passes. It was my first hike in Colorado. I highly recommend it.

Nice, dog-friendly trail.

This is a great fairly easy trail. It gets a little narrow at some points. I liked that there is a decent amount of shade but it still gets hot during the summer months.

Completed it today for my second time. First time with all 3 kids (age 5,3,3). Easy hike for littles. Gorgeous views from the top. Lots of areas to explore around the summit as it allows for almost 360 views. Nice bench memorial at the top to rest and recharge with a snack.

Great choice for short hike! Beautiful panoramic view at the top. A little washed out in the middle, be careful on the rocks. Poorly marked path, a little scrambling is required to summit. Well worth it!

Always an easy trail with views. Great for out of town guests to acclimate.

Quick sunset hike with nice views

The views were great, especially for the length of the hike. It was well marked. Only complaint I have is there are several places, especially near the top, that are very narrow with huge, steep dangerous rock slides. We never lost our footing but we did the hike with small children and I would not recommend it unless they’re in packs. Our 5 year old did ok with a firm hand hold through those parts. Otherwise a great hike.

Awesome views! Pictures do not do it justice! After doing the Incline yesterday, I wanted a trail that was not too strenuous. This trail was perfect!

It is a pretty easy and chill trail but the view is absolutely beautiful. It took us about 45 min to finish!

Easy trail with beautiful lookouts! Be careful of loose sediment and steep critical edge in some areas.

A local recommended the Cheyenne park as a good place for a short hike in the evening. I was not disappointed! The Mount Cutler trail was beautiful with many excellent views! The only negative was the many dead trees. I assume a fire came through and killed them because beautiful grass and flowers grew up in the areas of trees.

Great trail. Hiked with our three young kids. Not a good choice if you have young kids that might not mind the steep drop offs. Beautiful views, saw a lot of people but never felt crowded.

Here is my GoPro Trail running guide. took 13 minutes to summit. Beautiful views. Enjoy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZVX4yRdqfQ

Always one of my favorite hikes in this area. It's short, but absolutely sweet with breath taking views of Cheyenne and Colorado Springs. If you're a scrambler like me, there are plenty of opportunities for that.

Good trail, somewhat busy, went with my kids, had great views.

Great simple hike with rewarding views.

This is rated easy for the Pikes Peak region. Put this hike in San Antonio, Texas and it would be “hard”.

Excellent views. Steep drop off in places. I would say more of moderate than easy. Limited shade and no water/ stream on trail only at the start. Would do again for the spectacular views and workout!

It's easy and perfect for a quick hike! My mom and I slowly hiked up, and it was very enjoyable! We did it in the afternoon in the shade of the clouds and the trail was in great condition! Definitely recommend!

great family hike

Awesome views at the top. Don’t stop at the fork

We went out there Wednesday morning before 10am. We had no problem parking and we only passed a few people on the trail. It was a great beginner hike with amazing views at the summit. Would definitely do it again!

While there are certainly a couple areas of moderately difficult climbs, this is correctly labeled an easy hike. Even though the trail is short, you get the red rock scenery, views of Colorado Springs, and views of dense forest (in June at least). The view from the top is pretty magical as well. Highly recommended for a quick stop!

Perfect, somewhat short trail that leads to amazing views! Steep dropoffs in some places, but not too dangerous if you stay on trail. Trailhead leads to Y...go left for Cutler, right to Muscoco (clearly marked)

Nice hike to beautiful views. Trail well marked. Views from both sides of mountain.

Amazing views! Rather easy hike! The dogs loved it. We even glimpsed a bear!

Another beautiful morning family hike. 5yr old had no issues completing this.

beautiful