Mount Cutler Trail

Mount Cutler Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Here is a leisurely family hike you can do in a morning or afternoon. Mount Cutler - named after Henry Cutler, one of General Palmer's friends and a supporter of Colorado College - rises above Cheyenne Creek about half way up the Cheyenne Canyon, on the south side. The trailhead is well marked and has ample parking. Spectacular views are available from the summits.

Quick, easy hike with stunning views!

Awesome trail for a recent Colorado transplant from Tennessee. Not super difficult but the payoff in mountaintop views, y’all - Just do it. We also did the Muscoco trail in the same trip, and totally recommend this method as they are both super rewarding and super manageable. Got there just before 9:00 am on a Saturday and parking was already getting pretty hard to find, so keep that in mind. Well maintained trails. Gorgeous views. And only 15 minutes from the city. We will be back!

Nice hike with beautiful views throughout. Although it’s pretty easy there are still some sheer drop offs and slippery rocks so be careful and don’t take it for granted. Nice spot at the top to take in the views. I enjoyed this quick hike.

Awesome scenic view at the top! 7 and 10 year old kids did great. Family friendly.

Beautiful easy, short hike with great views. Did it in 45 minutes with plenty of stopping and chatting with other hikers.

Super short and easy hike in a beautiful setting

Great trail for a quick hike near Colorado Springs! I would probably start earlier in the day rather than later, as parking tends to fill up pretty fast - we drove up and down the road by the trailhead a couple of times before we caught somebody leaving to get a parking space for a 10:30 A.M. hike. Easy trail, beautiful views, and anyone from medium age kids to adults will enjoy. I say medium age kids, because a couple of areas of exposure might make those who aren't wild about keeping an eagle eye on little ones for safety reasons or those who are not crazy about heights nervous. Would like to tack on the side jaunt to Muscoco next time up.

Beautiful trail for a quick hike! There are a couple of areas that appear to have runoff damage.

Great water fall and city views.

A great intro hike for those like me not used to the high altitudes. At the top there's nothing but the sound of birds and the bells from the Will Rogers carillon across the valley.

Nice trail with a beautiful view at the top.

Has a great payoff at the end - beautiful spot for a picnic! Some steep spots but still pretty family friendly.

Amazing views

Trail had great views, real easy for my dog and I. Great trail for so close to Colorado Springs

I took my kids and our dog. The trail is easy, but uphill. This is definitely an “older kid” friendly trail. I have two toddlers and this trail has a sharp drop off, which can be dangerous for little ones. The gravel path is easy to slip on in a few areas so my toddlers fell a few times while holding my hands. But all in all a great trail.

Uphill obviously, but easy enough! Great views along the way. Worth doing again.

nice little spot on the top to put up a couple hammocks

Great simple easy hike, pretty much a walk through the forest with some views along the way. The summit is actually where the bench is located. Though there are many pathways/areas you can explore while up there, just becareful as some of the ledges are steep/slippery due to loose gravel/rocks. Great views at the top!

Absolutely beautiful trail. The views from the top are breathtaking. Very easy hike to show out of towners the best Colorado has to offer !

Nice, short trail with great views. Only reason I'm not giving it a 5 is because of the irresponsible dog owners leaving gifts along the path.

Great hike with beautiful views! Relatively short and very easy to access right off the road.

First time hiking and it was amazing! I’m from NY and I must say I love the mountains

This was a pretty easy hike! If you go in the winter or early spring, take spikes if you have them. We went two weeks ago and it was still iced over in spots. We did fine without but I’ll take them next time! Easy trail with gorgeous views!

Short, easy trail with awesome views! Wish I would’ve had clamps for the beginning part but it wasn’t necessary. Love this trail!

This was a fun and pretty easy trail with numerous views along the way! I would definitely do this trail again. A little bit of snow and ice but with my spikes on my boots, easy to do and no snow toward the top!

However be careful about leaving any valuables in your car. My husband and I came back to the trailhead and a group of hikers had their car broken into and a purse/wallet stolen. It was a late afternoon on a Friday but still light out.

lovely trail, not too difficult. There was some snow and ice when I hiked it; trekking poles helped me balance on the icy bits but were not necessary, as my husband did fine without any. Great views at the top, I definitely recommend it.

Great trail! When you get to the peak of the mountain and still have strength, you’ve got the trail up to Mount Muscoco if you turn left at the fork instead of right. There is also a cave-like opening about half way up the trail to Cutler, it only goes about 4 feet in but it’s still a good place to take a photo.

A nice hike overlooking the city and the canyon. There was snow on the trail, and an easy hike.

good trail

Great views the entire way!! Easy hike and great with kids.