Mount Spalding Trail

Mount Spalding Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Idaho Springs, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

Beautiful scenery at the summit. Left TH at 1100 and back down by 1300. Fairly simple trail, didn't leave early enough for the loop however. Multiple stops just to take in the views.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Monday, July 18, 2016

One of my favorite hikes we have done in colorado! We took our 3 kids with us. Great for a adventurous family!

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Did the whole loop and went up Mount Evans. Good views gorgeous flowers. Was pretty easy though. I wouldn't classify this as hard.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Great hike with a pretty easy to follow trail and not too crowded as compared to many of the other front range 14ers.

Summit trail is approximately 6.4 miles in length with about 2800 feet of elevation gain on the out and back.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Great hike, pretty easy! Saw some wildlife mountain goats and beavers at the top!

Saturday, July 18, 2015

This is my all time favorite hike so far. I say that because even if you are not a "hard core" hiker or let's say your health is not "optimal" you can do this hike and have amazing views. I have to be honest, we did not do the whole hike. There is a parking lot at the top of the mountain where you can set off to the top. If I had to guess I would say that it is about a mile with all the switchbacks, but it may not be that long. It is a little steep and of course the breathing is not easy, but if you did not work at least a little you would not feel like you deserve this view!! This short hike is one that got me inspired to really hike more often and helped me change my lifestyle.

Sunday, July 05, 2015

Monday, April 06, 2015

Beautiful trail. Went at just the right time during the season when the last 5 miles of the road to the summit is closed to cars. I heard that it tends to be mildly disappointing to hike Mt. Evans only to summit with people who drove to the top. If you are looking to avoid that crowd, I recommend going later in the season when the road closes. You run the risk of snow storms, but just be smart and watch the weather.

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Drive and Hiked. Nice sunny day. Lots of flowers,lakes.

Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Nice little hike, storm started to roll in around the halfway mark. Made it to the road down when the weather came, luckily no lightning just hail. I'm sure it was late in the day, obviously not ideal but had a great time. Got to visit with some mountain goats on the way!