Mount Sopris Trail

Mount Sopris Trail is a 12.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Carbondale, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Breathtaking!!! Kicked my butt BUT worth every struggling breath I took and 4 toenails I lost...time to hike the beauty again soon...can never get enough! ❤

love this hike. This was third time for me, and second fort my daughter. Real challenge with nothing but beautiful sites.

Really beautiful hike. We hiked in four miles to enjoy both lakes, then back down. Highly recommend. Very dog friendly hike as well.

Great hike! The last mile at the top was rocky and tough. Started at 6:00 am and got to the summit in 4 hours. Lots of bikers, dogs and fellow hikers.

The snow has melted enough to make it to the top. Wear sunscreen

Monday, August 15, 2016

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Sunday, June 19, 2016

beautiful area. the wild flowers were amazing

Sunday, August 30, 2015

My first time in Colorado and last day of my 5 day vacation this was focus of trip to make it to the top. I scouted out the area and parking lot the day before to make my trip easier.

I have to say I did not realize how long it takes to get to the top. I would recommend to purchase hiking poles if you are older. It is very steep and rocky at the top there are not very good trails marking once start getting to the top. So it better to go when hikers are ascending to the top early in the morning to see the path they are taking to the top. I started at 8 and arrived back at my car 6.

The hike thru the forest and the two lakes are amazing, they really keep the park clean and natural. Once you reach the top the views are amazing. Please bring food that will give you energy like fruits or power bar. Also drink plenty of water if you do it during the summer. One thing that thru me off at the start of the hike was going thru a gate that was closed and had chain but it part of the trail it kept closed to keep the cows in. I had great time and meet alot of friendly hikers. Thanks for making me feel invited Colorado for my first visit to the state. I will be back.

Saturday, July 05, 2014