Mount Sanitas Peak Trail

Mount Sanitas Peak Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Boulder, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very popular trail with runners running up and down, including a bare-footed guy! Love the red rocky path. Great view of Boulder along the path up and at the summit. It was a very clear day and we could see all the way to Denver.

Parking lot full at 7:15 on a Tuesday, but still some parking spots on the street.

Great hike!

Great morning hike!

Great view at the summit

Great little scramble.

Nice workout, hard and not kid friendly though.

I am in 'moderate' shape but I made a very big mistake of not drinking enough water or bringing enough water and hiked on a hot, sunny day. I found it to be between moderate and hard. HYDRATE!!!

I hiked this with my toddler in a hiking carrier and there is areas that were steep with no steps which made it difficult coming down, it is a beautiful hike though and It was very crowded when I went on a Thursday morning.

Took the doggo out on this trail with me yesterday - definitely a more challenging hike than I was expecting but I really really enjoyed it. Some spots were a little slippery on the hike down since it’s so sandy in some areas but it was a fun Sunday hike. I think I was back at the car within 2 hours.

I really enjoyed this one. This is a great choice if it has been wet outside because it's mostly steps and very sandy/rocky. Nice views and some secluded areas slightly off the trail.

Great way to come down, slightly more then moderate to go up.

Do it every week, even through winter! Love it!

Great trail for beginners

loved it

Clear path. No traction other than trail runners or hiking shoes. Good view of Boulder.

Icey!

Great views and even better workout!

Very nice hike that can be completed in 27 minutes to the peak, along the southern ridge.

Steep ascent, locks of rocks to climb/step over. Good hike

98 floors and 5.2 miles going up the side of the mountain and down the front. One of my favorite trails in Boulder-a lot of red rocks with great views of Boulder throughout. It's open, not wooded, so this isn't great for the hot sunny days.

I would classify this as hard, not moderate. It's a lot of "up" and some scrambling.

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Great trail however be aware that there is little to no shade!