Mount Rosa Trail

Mount Rosa Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Florissant, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Following the Steps of the Pioneers (almost): Zebulon Pike & Rose Kingsley The red route line for this trail represents the hike. However, the drive to the trailhead is as important to your enjoyment of the adventure as the hike itself. So plan for a drive time of at least and hour from the time you exit I-25 (see directions below). I'd recommend even longer, especially if this is your first time using Old Stage & Gold Camp Roads. The opportunities for dramatic photographs abound. The goal for this hike is the summit of Mt Rosa at 11, 533 ft (according to my GPS). From eastern Colorado Springs, you can spot its unique "witch's hat" profile by looking at Pike's Peak, then turning your eyes south past Almagre Mtn. During his attempt to climb what is now called Pike's Peak in November 1806, Lt Zebulon Pike's unit was ambushed by the weather. He spent one night in a cave on the southeastern ridge of Mt Rosa. The next day he reached the summit, climbing through waist deep snow, only to realize that his goal was still eight miles away, farther north. You will be climbing by a different route, beginning in a wide valley west of Mt Rosa (Frosty Park) and finishing by ascending the northern ridge to the summit. The mountain you're about to climb was named for Rose Kingsley, an aristocratic young English woman who arrived in Colorado Springs in 1871, and, incidentally, started its first library. She was an avid hiker, and soon earned the nickname Rosa del Mont, or Rose of the Mount. Ms Kingsley was the first woman to climb this mountain.

8 minutes ago

Got the to top of Mt. Rosa via Seven Bridges trail and coming down via St. Mary's Fall. 15.3 miles round trip with 4383 elevation gain. Going up Seven Bridges is about a mile longer, but so worth it.

If you don't have a high clearance vehicle you won't get to the trailhead it lists without scraping. Trail was sweet but weather got nasty right when I reached the summit. Basically ran down the mountain to make it to my jeep just before the hail hit. Good trail. I would have hung out on top for awhile if the weather was nicer.

Loved this hike, but it requires at least double the time from the route I took, from N. Cheyenne Canyon trailhead. Really enjoyable up Buffalo Creek to FS Road, then it gets steeper up east/north flank of Rosa. Relatively easy to follow trail up to saddle area between north "summit" at 11,000 ft or so, and south summit at 11,499 ft. You get an easy walk to slope up south side for the final stretch. This last part is common with what's shown here in All Trails. Great views in all directions from summit. Be sure to find NGS marker. It's been a few years since I've done this one, second time was easier, I was in better hiking shape!

June 12 - We did Hike - we climbed waterfall on Saint Mary's falls trail way to top of Rosa- we took Back down of Nelson back down via Pipeline to 7 Bridges Trail. Fantastic views at peak. Moderate to Hard Hike .

This is a great hike. Very beautiful all around, easy at first, graduating to a solid moderate rating all the way to the top. I started the hike from the St. Mary's Falls trail. It was a great 1st hike for getting acclimated back to Colorado, before hitting any 14ers. At the intersection where National Forest meets US Forest you walk through an opening in the fence. Make sure you're following the trail that heads up hill, & NOT the road that crosses the path perpendicularly. Beautiful views from the top of the lake, pikes peak & CO Springs. Make sure you bring plenty of water- @ least 2 liters- during the summer time it gets HOT. I drank all 2 liters by the time I got back to the parking lot.

Snow was pretty deep at the top but a fun journey.

Absolutely beautiful!

Amazing 360 views!

Trail running

awesome hike in your doing in the snow the tracks you fallow are not in the trail but still fun it was my first time snowshoeing as well so I didn't know how it was gonna go I also found out that going up on the ridge line is almost impossible I was with my old man and Letting him use the polls so he was fine but it was super steep towards the end super windy as well but AWSOME I an absolutely beautiful view that's hard not to look at while hiking it was a Saturday and we only saw 2 other people that were hiking together great hike definitely recommend