Your session expired, please sign in again to continue.

Mount Muscoco Trail

Mount Muscoco Trail is a 3.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.7 miles Elevation Gain: 1,292 feet Route Type: Out & Back

The Mount Muscoco trailhead is the same as Mount Cutler trailhead and the trails are the same for about a half mile until they split to go their separate ways. Wonderful views at the top.

It was a nice trail with shady areas. I was unable to make it to the summit as there was some very steep rocks to get over towards the end and I made the decision to turn around. There are some nice look out points throughout the trail. Most of the trail is on gravel so that made it a bit difficult to get back down.

Great hike close to home. Now that summer is over, it wasn't very busy at all. Very easy trail to run down after enjoying the views at the summit. Will be even more beautiful when the Autumn colors kick in!! This will be my go-to when I need a short outdoor workout!

Awesome hike. Beautiful summit views.

Lots of uphill!

Great shorter hike to get the views you want! Coming from much lower elevations (West. PA) I had to go slow and steady, but things improved as time went on. More dog waste than I would like to see, but not too bad. It’s a Monday and the trail was not busy at all. As a hike overall, I really enjoyed the changing scenery as you moved toward the summit. The views at the top were spectacular and there was a strong enough signal to FaceTime the view with family! I highly recommend it— even going slow and steady it’s about 3 hrs round trip.

Incredible workout! A walking stick and good trail shoes are helpful especially on the descent. Stunning views at the top. For me, the lady bug migration was spectacular!

Great trail for first summit. Very enjoyable hike but it was a busy trail. the sign at the parking lot says 2 miles and I believe that more than the 3.7 on the app. The trail is more of a moderate to advanced given the amount of scree, rocks and inclines. last section of the trail is marked with small red arrows to guide you to the summit. Late summer flowers in bloom, Ponderosa pines and Sunshine made this trail a must hike!

This was a great trail!! Towards the top it gets tricky and is a little steep but if you feel comfortable climbing some rocks, it is so worth it!!

Decided to take the turn to Muscoco from the Cutler trail head, and was NOT DISAPPOINTED! It's a more difficult climb, and you actually have to do some scrambling to get up the path in a place or two. The last half mile or so is the toughest part, but the reward is absolutely breath taking scenery from the top. Bring water and some food, especially if you're a beginner. It's not the most difficult hike, but you will certainly feel this one.

This was an exceptional hike. We went with a group and I’d just recommend wearing hiking shoes on this trail. The assent gets tough and there’s some slippery spots, but it’s a beautiful spot.

Fantastic trail. pretty steep climb towards the end but it was GORGEOUS!

The hike up is relatively easy with the notice of a few climbs up toward the summit. The rocks can become pretty slippery but with good hiking boots you’d be fine.

Very manageable trail with clearly marked waypoints and headings. This is a great trail for people who have been stuck on "easy" rated trails and want to venture to more challenging hikes. Great views from the top and well worth the exertion it takes to get to there. I've done it multiple times and I plan on doing it again!

Gorgeous views. We went with our 5 and 7 year old and it gets challenging at the end for that age. beautiful hike though!

This is a great trail! Views from the top are fantastic!

Great trail to follow Mt. Cutler with if you're looking for more of a workout. Mt. Cutler was the first trail I ever hiked and I just felt like I needed more so I decided to give this one a try. Definitely more challenging! That said, lots of (more seasoned) folks we saw had dogs and and kids. Good shoes are a must since there is some climbing and steep areas where the traction, especially on the way down. Was up there on a saturday morning but started really rely and the trails weren't overloaded! Even had a chance to hang out with a family of deer who hadn't been scared off yet!

Trail running guide of Mount Muscoco: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNFv31FoFOk

Amazing trail that starts out rather wide and popular, but after the amount Cutler turn off it gets significantly less popular. The climb towards the end is relatively steep, but can be done by most people in relatively normal shape. Beautiful views on the top.

Beautiful scenery. Careful of the loose rock on the descent.

Very tough to make it all the way to the mountain overlook. Rewarding at the top, no places for hammocking.

My first mountain I’ve peaked and it only took me an hour! There were numerous steep parts but the view is incredible from the top!! Can’t wait to peak more mountains now

A few steep spots where it was hard for my wife and I to get traction due to small loose rocks, but the hike is totally worth it. The view from the top is amazing and you can hit Mt. Cutler on your way up. We have hiked it multiple times and love it.

Carried Eli 75% of the way. Gorgeous view!!! Worth the work