Learn more

Mount Lincoln Trail is a 5.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Fairplay, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Length 5.5 mi Elevation gain 2,444 ft Route type Out & Back

Photos (748)
Recordings (36)
Completed (896)
Coco ❤️
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFri Jul 03 2020
HikingFeeGreat!No shadeRockyScramble

Got there around 8am, parking area was already backed up. Fee is $5(someone mentioned $3). It was such a nice weather to start with, but it started to storm around 2pm right after we were coming down from Lincoln. There was no snow at all, just no shades, super dry rocks/gravels trails. I am not sure why someone's complaining about this trail should be listed as hard(and it is listed as hard), but no 14ers is easy compare to any regular hikes so you need to do some research about the trail before you heard out there. I'm giving this trail 4 stars because at the Mt. Cameron was just a big flat space and nothing is marked. (I downloaded a map so I knew where I was but it was bit boring) 07/03/2020 #29

Wolfgang Stiller
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMon Jun 22 2020
HikingSnow

No need to hike any snow until around 14,000 ft just before Mt. Cameron. The snow is no problem and microspikes are not needed nor is it deep enough for post holing. The road to Kite Lake is in the best shape I have ever seen. The road is smooth until the last mile before Kite Lake but even that mile can be driven by 2wd cars if done carefully.

Janet Gaitan
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSat Aug 17 2019
Hiking

Our first 14er, so why not do 3? Started around 9:45 - a little late as parking was crazy. Was heavily trafficked but the day was sunny and beautiful - but very windy. Too busy going up to Mount Democrat so we went right and did Mount Cameron, Mount Lincoln (my personal fave) and Mount Bross. Descent down Mount Bross was challenging as it was loose and we skidded a lot. Had my pole’s so I felt a little more secure than I might have if I didn’t have them. Loved the day.

View Janet's Recording
Holly C.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarTue Aug 06 2019
HikingPrivate propertyRocky

Great day hike! Able to complete all four/three 14ers in 5 hours. Beautiful weather! If you start early, it is in a bowl and is quite chilly until the sun peaks over Bross. Oh, remember to bring some cash as it is $3 per vehicle

Jessee Hess
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFri Jul 26 2019
Hiking

Loved this summit. Great views of the entire Decalibron, Quandary, Grays and Torrys, and even saw Pikes peak in the distance. Came from Bross and had to cross a small patch of snow...no need for spikes. I loved this peak the best of the decalibron.

Jen O
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSat Sep 08 2018
Hiking

This hike should be listed as hard. I’m a beginner to moderate hiker, and was excited for the challenge, but this hike was much more challenging and colder than expected. My GPS may have been off, but it said I hiked 6.5 miles, and I stopped at Cameron. Multiple parts on the trail heading up to Cameron where a misstep or trip could send you down a rocky cliff. It was hard to find the trail a few times when the trail was exclusively rocks. Views are decent from the top, but we didn’t stay long because it was so cold and windy. Perhaps I was struggling with oxygen/altitude issues as well. This hike is for more experienced hikers.

Pat Ribotto
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFri Jun 29 2018
Hiking

My wife and I did this hike yesterday, 6,28,18. We did Democrat a few weeks back and wanted to do Lincoln from the trail posted below, but when we arrived at that location to scope it out a few weeks back, it was posted as private, no trespassing, and you'd be towed if you parked there!! So we went back to the Kite Lake trail head. The mileages on the map to the right don't agree with my Garmin though. Here's what I recorded. From the parking lot to the first saddle between Democrat and Cameron is 1.4. From there to Cameron is just under a mile. And from Cameron to Lincoln is just over a half mile for a total of 2.85 one way. Some steep stretches going up Cameron, and then the top is almost level. The trail goes right over the top so you summit this one whether you want to or not on your way to Lincoln. We opted not to do the Bross segment and just went back down the way we came. Most everyone was going back the Bross way though, and a few told us back at the parking lot what we had read about how steep and nasty the descent is on Bross. Steep enough the other way. For us anyway. Great views as you'd expect, and we had a really clear day with little to no wind thankfully. We encountered some gusts on the way down Cameron to the first saddle, but that was it. Popular trails, lots of people!! We took one of the last parking places when we arrived just after 7 on a Thursday. Most of the snow that was present when we were there 3 weeks ago was now melted too.

Sarah Cunningham
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSun Aug 14 2016

Did this yesterday and hit Lincoln, Cameron, and Bross!!! Hiked in from Crest Drive in Quartsville and made a loop. Was about 13 miles but amazing!!! Up to Mt. Lincoln from this way we saw nobody and there were only three cars in the lot! Not well know trail head but we found it! We didn't see anyone on the way down either!!! Amazing back road way to hit this popular 14er trail!

Hannah Schenck
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarWed Jul 08 2020
Jennifer Pham
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSat Jul 04 2020
View Jennifer's Recording
Dom Hill
View Dom's Recording
Randy Fox
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFri Jul 03 2020
View Randy's Recording
Marc Nielsen
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFri Jun 12 2020
View Marc's Recording
Justin Collins
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarTue Feb 04 2020
Shaun McCarthy
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarThu Dec 12 2019
View Shaun's Recording
Ross Titzer
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarThu Oct 17 2019
View Ross's Recording
Trevor Attwood
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSat Sep 07 2019
View Trevor's Recording
Tom O'Riordan
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMon Sep 02 2019
View Tom's Recording
Ty Ryan
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSun Aug 25 2019
View Ty's Recording
Karman Stoops
View Karman's Recording
Joshua Edwards
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSat Aug 10 2019
View Joshua's Recording
Kayla Cottrell
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSat Aug 03 2019
View Kayla's Recording
Andrew Smith
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSun Jul 28 2019
View Andrew's Recording
Bryan Walker
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarWed Jul 24 2019
View Bryan's Recording
Bessie Rose
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSun Jul 21 2019
View Bessie's Recording