Mount Garfield

Mount Garfield is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Palisade, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Terrific views, wild horses, and a short gnarly climb/scramble up to the top to overlook Grand Junction. This trail is steep and can get hot on summer afternoons, depending on the time of year you may want to do this hike in the morning.

Off the hook fun and challenging. My 5yo son has been begging me to go, and just this week, trucked up to the top without any probs. Hella sweet views and we’ve seen horses a couple of times.

The end result is worth it!

Super hard! It is pretty much straight up. Wind was the only thing in the forecast for us today so we thought it was fine, it is soooo windy up there! There is one spot on the hike that is like a wind tunnel and we had to crawl through to get out of it! The view is really amazing and it's cool to walk around the top. Sadly we didn't see any horses :( Glad I did it so I could say that I did and never have to again!

loved this hike.

It was steep. It was beautiful. The views were spectacular. It did not even take two hours to get up and down, however, I stayed up there for about 45 minutes to an hour. On my hike up and my hike down I saw the wild horses. There are so many places to stop and take beautiful pictures. I started my hike around nine in the morning and it was never too hot. The views are worth every step.

Difficult hike but absolutely worth the effort. Just go early before the sun gets too hot (our mistake)

Great hike close to Palisades...first mile is difficult! Up up up! After that is mellows and the views are fantastic!

Really cool hike very close to town. Definitely steep, especially the first mile. We did it in the heat of the day (August) - would recommend in the morning/evening! Saw wild horses grazing, and the views of the valley from the top are spectacular.

Very good views

Difficult hike but the view is worth it.

Great Hike...Saw a wild horse. Beautiful view of the Valley from the top