Mount Galbraith Loop via Cedar Gulch Trail

Mount Galbraith Loop via Cedar Gulch Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Golden, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful hike with great views of Golden, Coors Plant and Denver. Great rock formations and lots of animal trails. Take a lunch and have a picnic.

33 minutes ago

Great views.

Attempted this hike today and saw 2 Rattlesnakes on the trail within the first .5 miles. I was alone and decided not to risk it but will re-attempt in cooler temps with a buddy. Trail looks very nice but minimal shade.

Loved the hike there. Got to the trailhead at 5:45 PM for a sunset hike and finished the hike at 8:20.. about 2.5 hours of hiking and gaping at how beautiful Golden/Colorado is at the golden hour and at sundown.. the trailhead is wayyyy less trafficked at the time we went. Had my dog on a leash all the time because of the rattlesnakes but seemed to be ok!

Great hike, nice views. Lots of sun, only a few areas that were shaded, so don’t forget a hat and some sunscreen.

Great hike, go during a week day in the afternoon if you can there is way less traffic. No mountain biking on the trail so that’s a plus.

Good hike. Beautiful views. A little much for my 9 and 11 year old.

Popular trail, great for an evening hike/run. Parking is limited. Seems kind of obvious to point this out, but make sure you aren't parking off the side of the road where it says "No Parking" - you will get a ticket. I saw about 6-7 vehicles get tickets.

Waited for the perfect cool fall day (last year) to do this hike after reading the reviews on its exposure and I’m sure glad I did. Short and sweet worth doing if you plan it right.

Not a bad trail, however there is definitely minimal to no shade for 75% of it. We did it in about 2.5 hours in 95-degree heat with no cloud cover. If you're bringing dogs on the trail, make sure to bring plenty of water for them as there are no water sources along the trail. Great views along the way and once you reach the top though!

Super fun, casual hike close to Denver. You definitely gain some elevation, and the parking lot is small, but as a avid hiker we did it in about 2 hours.

Went early to beat the heat, great views and good workout

Great views, relatively easy climb. Went super early and there was hardly anyone there. Foot traffic picked up around 9.

This hike was very enjoyable. The trail was easy to follow and it wasn’t overly packed. The parking lot is kinda small - we got there at 9am and snagged a spot, but only because someone was leaving. This is a great hike for doggies! My dog is afraid of bikes and there is no mountain biking on the trail which made for a much less anxious pup! I would love to do this hike in the spring as it looks like the wildflowers are awesome. We did see both a lizard and a snake on the trail, so if reptiles freak you out this might not be the trail for you!

I did this hike today (7/1/18). I really enjoyed it. My app said it ended up being about 4.5 miles, and it took me 1 hour 51 minutes. Definitely get there early if you want to park in the lot! The lot can only fit about 20 cars or so. I got there at 8:50am (on a Sunday) and it was already filled, so I parked around the curve on the side of the road in a pull off area. The hike was fairly crowded but not annoyingly so. The views are really pretty. There is a bathroom at the trailhead.

Good day hike. Plenty of shade and sun.

Took about 2 hours to complete. Good mix of shade and sun. Good views.

This is an awesome trail. The wildflowers are out right now (mid June). Parking can get tough on the weekends. Be aware of summer storms. The weather was great but when we got to the top a storm rolled in. There was a lot of lightning and then it hailed really really hard. We ran all the way down through hail and slush. Still a good time.

Loop right for a harder climb. No water, good views

5 star hike, but so many people on a saturday so gave it 4. No bikes though is nice. Views are incredible!

On a cloudy day, really nice. Good terrain, no mountain bikers

Very nice warm up. I would recommend this as an early morning hike in order to miss the heat and the people. Very nice views and the trail takes you through both shaded and exposed areas. Bring water.

Very fun with pretty views! Great for trail running. Every time I’ve been it’s been quite busy. Carpool ;)

Very nice hike. I went around 4:00 p.m., on a Wednesday. It was not busy. The views were great. It was a little more than I was expecting, but I did not have a problem completing it. I would not take small children on this trail, due to the boulders and drop-offs.

Bring sunscreen!

A very nice hike...my suggestion is to do it early and during the week. Otherwise, many people...this is a weekend warrior destination. If you don’t get there early on a sat. You may be out on the road. Great views and. Mice distance to feel like you got a workout!

Ran Mount Galbraith today; love that trail (Cedar Gulch to the Mt. Galbraith) loop, and back down again. Such a gem!

Good moderate trails. Was busy at 10:30 am on Sat, but can park on the street if need be.

Beautiful, beginner friendly trail with great views. Some areas are steep and rocky, that's why I think it's rated moderate, but very doable, saw many children and dogs enjoying the hike. Parking is limited, there are well maintained restrooms and a shoe cleaning station available. *trail was muddy this past weekend