Mount Galbraith Loop via Cedar Gulch Trail

Mount Galbraith Loop via Cedar Gulch Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Golden, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful hike with great views of Golden, Coors Plant and Denver. Great rock formations and lots of animal trails. Take a lunch and have a picnic.

Not a bad hike. Fairly moderate in difficulty, didnt have to stop to take many breaks. Decent views, not a ton of traffic. Good hike for bringing a dog. Main views are primarily of Golden and the surrounding area which isnt overly spectacular in my opinion. Overall a good, couple hour outting.

The views were beautiful! Lots of fun rocks to climb. Took us about two hours with some good breaks. Super sunny! Be sure to bring sunscreen and water.

My roommates and I tackled this bad boy last Saturday (5/12) as a part of a challenge checklist associated with Cotopaxi's Questival. We started our trek around 12:30 pm after completing Mount Falcon a little earlier in the day. It took us a little over an hour and a half to complete the loop.

It would have been prudent to start this one earlier in the day, as the tiny little parking lot only has the capacity to facilitate about 20 vehicles max.We had to wait about 10 - 15 minutes for someone to come back from their hike and steal their spot before anyone else had the ability to do so.

The hike itself was packed with people, especially on the way down. Like Mount Falcon, Galbraith was also covered in mist all the way up to the summit.

This was a relatively easy hike, but was definitely a bit more challenging for our group after summitting Falcon a few hours prior and then driving directly to the Mount Falcon trailhead to complete that, as well. This brought our hiking total for the day to 11.6 miles roundtrip.

This is a nice little trek that almost anyone in somewhat decent shape could complete with little to no problems.

Fun hike - saw a couple of snakes and thought one to be a rattle because it was coiled and hissing. Met up with some Park rangers and confirmed it. Bummed I didn’t get to finish it, but had a good time anyway. Will probably be back! Just be suuuuper careful of snakes.

Beautiful hike! Lots of rocks along the trail but it made it fun. First mile has a pretty steady incline after that it’s pretty easy.

Trail was nice. Crowded and a bit too easy for me. Views ok.

Lovely hike with nice views and gradual elevation gain. Very limited parking in the designated lot on the weekend. I had to park a ways down the road. Rare shade on the trail so keep that in mind. I did see a snake that some other hikers believed to be a rattlesnake...so watch your feet, kids & dogs! Probably a good rule of thumb anywhere really. Overall it was a great hike and I’ll do it again.

Great trail! A little muddy at the start and still some snow on the shade side of the mountain (April 25th), but I loved the trail ánd the views. Definately going back again.

Some very steep drop offs if you are afraid of heights, which I am. I was able to do the whole thing but would not do it again or recommend to someone afraid of heights.

It was a nice hike, but be aware of the summit- it’s not very spectacular. There are nice views on the way up and on the first half of the loop (going clockwise) but not much to see at the top but burned trees. The trail was in good shape and we enjoyed the walk. It took us (a family of 4) just over 2 hours.

It’s a beautiful Sunday so we expected it to be a little crowded and it was- but only for the first part of the trail. Once we hit the loop, we only ran into a few people throughout the hike. The views are amazing- especially once you get into the loop. It does get tight in places and there are quite a few rocky areas to navigate but overall it was a fun and interesting trail!

Awesome short day hike! It is a little rocky in some spots just as a heads up. Took about 2hours to complete.

Great trail- I’d head south on the trail first to do the loop. Trail was dry and clear. Minor traffic- great views of Golden and Denver from the summit.

I went on Thursday 4/12 at around noon. I really enjoyed this hike but we also had beautiful weather. Not far from Denver, parking lot was pretty full though. However, once on the trail I didn't see many people. Very scenic views of Golden. Was a relatively easy trail, I was going to do another loop but ran out of time. Took me about 2 hours and I took my time. Trail was marked pretty well except for a couple spots.

Parking lot was completely full (1pm), had to park down the highway a bit on the side of the rode. Trail was in good condition, though, mostly dry. Long stretches where there was no one else on the trail with me, which was great. Beautiful views of Golden, Denver, and the mountains. Great afternoon hike only 30 minutes from my house.

Decent trail. A bit muddy at first this time of year but it dries up not far in. The trail is narrow with a lot of rocks. Nice sweeping views of the valleys below.

Easy to get to, located right outside of town. Went on a weekday morning and it wasn’t busy at all. Single-track, dogs allowed. Some areas with loose rock but overall moderate is a good rating for this trail. Nice 2 hour hike with good views!

Moderate length and ability mostly single track trail. There is a range of open, forest, and rocky terrain. A few good picnic spots up top. The views of Golden and Denver are pretty nice, but can't compare to some of the truly 5 star hikes in this state.

Love this hike! I have two pugs and it’s perfect hike for them and myself as well. Great views and easy terrain.

Lovely local hike. With the recent snow, there were some sections that have a couple of feet of packed snow and are slippery at points while other places are totally dry. I did the whole loop without spikes or poles and was fine. Easy-moderate trail with pretty views!

A solid choice for a quick hike near the city. Trail was almost totally dry this weekend. Lots of runners, tons of dogs, many families. Seems like a good trail for almost anyone.

Perfect day hike. Good distance with some nice elevation gain. Had to go back down to grab the crampons we forgot but it’s doable with out them and some hiking boots. Great view of Coors and even saw about 10 deer. Parking lot was full and plenty of people on the trail but it was still enjoyable.

Nice, quick workout close to Denver! I agree with the review before me...The trail is mostly dirt, but the sections where there is ice it's super slippery!! I had to put my Yaktrax on because I could barely get traction without them. I also went super early in the morning so the icy sections might be softer later in the day. Happy hiking!

scenic driving

if you're afraid of slipping down a steep hill perhaps this isn't the one for you till all the snow melts :)

Beautiful hike. Not very strenuous. At this time of year, it is still icy in some spots where it’s shaded so some spikes would probably be helpful. You can definitely get by without them though.

It’s a beautiful hike but quite treacherous if there is snow and ice on the trail. We saw a ton of people not wearing proper footwear that I hoped wouldn’t fall off the mountain. Definitely want to go back in summer when there is no ice.

Great hike with beautiful panoramic views of Golden. Tricky to follow the trail last weekend (3/4) due to snow coverage. The entire trail you will be on and off of ice, so bring crampons! They are easy enough to stick in your bag and you will be happy to have them. Saw lots of people falling without, and was so grateful to be able to grip into the ice as needed.

Trail was icy, muddy, and borderline not enjoyable to many. this trail is amazing normally but good god people leave the locals alone and hike elsewhere. parking was near impossible 2pm on Saturday.

Love this trail! Today’s conditions were perfect. Clear blue skies the whole hike. Some areas were super muddy. Crampons were definitely favorable in other spots along the way!!! Most of the hike was dry though. Fun times with my sissy!!

Would be a great hike without the snowy patches! It was way too slick without any kind of grip on my hiking boot- at several slick points I had to slide down on my heels. And it was way too crowded for my liking (maybe better during the week)- otherwise an enjoyable trail!