Mount Flora Trail

Mount Flora Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Idaho Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A fun hike! I arrived at 6:30am on a Friday and I was the first one on the summit. It has a couple of pretty tough spots on the way up, but it also has some spots that level out to give you a break. The first mile was probably the hardest for me personally. All-in-all it is a great hike if you are trying to build up to doing some 14ers, and it has great 360 degree views at the top.

Fantastic 13er! We were in the parking lot by 8:30 on a Saturday and there was not a ton of traffic on the way up. Certainly more as the day went on, but nothing like some of the 14ers around. Great views and steady incline but nothing ridiculously hard. Would be a good into elevation hike for people!

It's a pretty straightforward 13er with spectacular views! A lot of incline at first but then its mellows out shortly before the summit.

Great 13er to try, especially when 14er training. I would not say this trail is easy as it’s a steady incline most of the way with a few straight away moments.

The vast majority of the hike is above timberline, so plan bathroom breaks accordingly. There is a great bathroom at the parking lot. Although, during this last visit it was a disaster zone.

Expect windy conditions no matter what day you choose. However, we benefited from a beautiful, sunny day.

The trail to the top and back is closer to 7 miles versus the 6 listed on all trails. The view at the top are spectacular and worth the trek.

Lovely, easy 13er with decent views. Completed back in June when there was still some snow on the route.

Very nice hike, mostly above treeline. Nice views but also very windy for about half the route. Not too busy on a Saturday (8/4/18) but parking lot was full.

8/4/2018
Pack layers, it's chilly and windy at the top! The gradual incline and occasional flat parts made this a really good starter high elevation hike for me (new to CO from NE). It's more of a harsh mountain terrain and not so pretty like some other spots in Arapaho National Forest. Lots of friendly folks out on a Saturday!

Very scenic! It’s a nice level of challenge for a shorter hike. You see several clear blue lakes along the way and there are a lot of wildflowers. There’s some rock scrambling towards the top. It gets cold, in early August I was comfortable wearing a hoodie with pants.

I loved this hike! I did it today and it was my first time hiking at high elevation. It was absolutely gorgeous but also pretty hard. But that was due to the elevation that I’m not used to. Definitely worth it!

Great hike! Very Windy!! I had trouble holding my hiking poles at one section of the descent due to the wind. And I hike 14 er and 13er's on a regular basis. Other that it was amazing! Will definitely be hiking this trail again.

Beautiful views about halfway up of lake in the valley and again at the top of a lake on the other side. Cool and windy at the top, so plan accordingly.

Monday morning hike. Hit the trail around 8am. Saw very few hikers on the way up. I thought the hike was a nice mix of steep grade and flat terrain that helped keep the pace going. Great views along the way. We had the summit to ourselves for About 10 mins. Passed several hikers on the way down that were heading up. For a 13’er I thought his was a nice hike that most should be able to do.

this was my first 13er. found it easy. very windy but that was expected. I want to go back and continue on to the next peak

Great first 13er hike. Went early and it wasn’t busy.

Really enjoyed this 13ner. A bit windy toward the top. Will definitely do it again. Nice enough to trail run most of it.

Not difficult but good workout. I clocked closer to 8 miles. 360 degrees of stunning views. Friend and I had trail and top of mountain to ourselves. Some rocky areas so watch your footing there. Weather today not an issue. No wind at top even, but still, go prepared. Really spectacular.

Beautiful, easy hike.

Beautiful trial - I do a lot of hikes and prefer to do the hard ones , and I would actually rate this trail as more “hard” than “moderate.” I go quickly and summited in 1 hour and ran down in 30 min.

The incline is significant in parts which is fantastic, but the wind really makes it challenging. The wind is also why I only gave it 4 Stars, as at times it was unpleasant and almost made me fall over!

Otherwise, this is a GREAT workout if you push yourself and the views are amazing for being an hour from southern Denver.

When you park in the lot you can go straight up the dirt path as a short cut (but a steep shortcut) or take the service road up to the trail head (it’s on the left and the sign faces away from the road).

Overall, a great hike. Went on a Wednesday and got there a little after 8 and didn’t have any crowds. The views don’t change much as you climb but the views are spectacular! Hit a good amount of wind about halfway up that caused some worry if I should turn around but I ended up pushing through as I saw others on the trail and they didn’t mention any unsafe conditions. If you usually eat a snack at the turnaround point, maybe plan to eat a heavy breakfast in case you aren’t able to sit and relax at the top (bc of the wind). It gets rocky at some points so if you have knee or ankle issues, wear the appropriate gear.

Very pretty and quite!

Great views. Steep in parts

Beautiful, easy to follow trail! Amazing views almost the entire time and the trail is surrounded by colorful wildflowers right now. Highly recommend

I loved this trail! Went 7/13 in the morning. We took our time, taking in the beautiful scenery and got some great photographs. The views and wildflowers are incredible right now. My dog thoroughly appreciated the little bit of snow left over on the ridges that he could roll in. Obviously there is significant elevation gain, but I wouldn't call much it it steep or too difficult. Just pick a slower pace and keep on going! It's definitely worth it at the top. If you're not totally beat at the top, I'd encourage you to go just a bit further down on the other side of the peak. You won't be disappointed!

Good workout. Amazing views. I went on a Friday morning and it wasn’t too crowded. I’ll be doing it again.

Our first 13er and was a great choice. Staying in Winter Park made a 15 minute drive to the trailhead nice. Went at 6 am on a Thursday. Saw about 12-15 people on the trip. I’m from sea level and at times had to stop and rest but made it up in 1:40. Down was slower than expected but took our time. When you get to the switchback on the fire road where the sign is located, go left. Can’t miss the trail.

Beautiful trail - definitely steep in some parts. There's no real rest from the climb - from the parking lot, it's uphill to the top. It was a moderate to tough hike for me, and I like to think I'm a pretty decent hiker. Beautiful view at the top. There seems to be some confusion about where the trail starts - take the service road up .85 mile. There will be a trail off to the left, marked by a sign that says Mt. Flora trail. I logged right at 7 miles, but I wandered around at the top a bit (it's probably closer to 6.7, out and back). I also showed closer to 2k elevation gain.

Great hike! I went on 7/7 and got to the trailhead by 7:25Am. Definitely recommend going early. I had the trail mostly to myself the whole way up. It was pretty windy but not terrible. An easier moderate hike. Definitely some harder spots but it’s mostly rolling hills. The trail starts on a service road and you’ll reach a sign that is kinda confusing because it says Mount Flora in both directions. Don’t take the service road and instead go straight on the footpath. Great views of wildflowers. I even saw mountain goats!

Definitely worth the views for such a short hike! Even only 3 miles up is gorgeous. There are definitely parts that are steep but not too bad. We made it up and back in3 hours. Make sure you don't miss the sign near the top of the service road for the right trail. We accidentally took the service road all the way up. Luckily there was another trail that took us to the summit.

Awesome hike! We went on a Saturday and it wasn’t very busy! There is a false summit about 2 miles in. I would recommend wearing hiking shoes. Another great part about this hike- parking at the berthoud pass parking lot. There are bathrooms there- but bring your own hand sanitizer! P

Loved!