Mount Flora Trail

Mount Flora Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Idaho Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Still plenty of snow but absolutely gorgeous views! We took the Colorado Mines Trail up, as the Berthoud Trail was extremely hard to find. 360 views and good amount of uphill/scramble. Waterproof boots required.

Gorgeous views throughout this entire hike. We had some trouble finding the trail under the snow. The All Trails ap was very useful for keeping us in the right direction. Much if the beginning is in snow, sometimes deep and/or icy. Trails starts to appear again above tree line. Snow shoes would have come in handy for the first mile or so.

absolutely gorgeous views and a really fun hike! especially with your dog!

Completed this trail yesterday (11/10) to celebrate the election results. I thoroughly enjoyed the outcome of both. Plenty of snow on the trail, bring the proper footwear. Offered plenty of incredible vistas from winter park to a high alpine lake. As always, bring your camera, your dog, and a celebratory beer.

Did it last weekend (10/22). It was pretty challenging with some extra snow on the trail. The view is gorgeous but it was too windy to hang any longer at the top.

skiing

My dog and I completed this hike in about 3 hours. Amazing scenery! Second time doing this hike and its very lightly trafficked.

My friend and I slept in our car in the trailhead parking lot and woke up at 4 in the morning to watch the sunrise at the top. 100% would do it again. I hike a lot of 14ers, so this was a pretty moderate hike for me, but I enjoyed every second of it. Next time I would like to do it in the day to see the beautiful turquoise colors of the lake, but the trail was perfect to hike at night with a head lamp.

Great hike today. Pretty quiet in the morning, more hikers as we came down around 11. Most of the trail is above the tree line and exposed so layers were helpful. It was a little cold, cloudy, and light snow/rain intermittent. Great balance of more difficult inclines and flatter stretches. Overall amazing views-would highly recommend!

I think I just found a new favorite.