Mount Flora Trail

Mount Flora Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Idaho Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike. Trail around Mines little tough to find with snow but by near the saddle trail is wind blown and easy to find. Microspikes were very helpful going around Mines, brought snowshoes but didn't use.

Excellent hike up and back with friends and dogs alike. Great views at the top with plenty of wind-break rock piles to take cover in for a snack.

This hike was fantastic! Super easy to find and plenty of parking at the trailhead. We went on a Wednesday around 9:30 am and there was only one other group of really nice ladies on the trail. There's definitely some challenging inclines at times but we rested when we needed to and took in the mountain views. I liked this hike a lot because you are only in tree line for a short bit and then it's all open skies. The weather was a little chilly during the hike and it got windy when we started coming down but as long as you dress accordingly, you'll be fine.

Amazing views! Very little switchbacks and it's a steady incline but worth it!

Beautiful! I'd agree this is moderate if you're used to the altitude. We continued on to Breckenridge Peak and hit Colorado Mines peak as well.

This trail is gorgeous! There wasn't a ton of people up there and the weather was perfect

Amazing views!! Loved hiking along the ridge line. Got a good workout from this one - first mile or so is steep then it evens some then steep again nearing the top. Winds were STRONG. Weather fluctuated like other reviewers say. Wore my Patagonia puffer most of the hike. Manageable for a moderate hiker - just go at your own pace. I absolutely loved this hike and cannot wait to do it again. Began at 7:30am Saturday morning in August, and we saw maybe a handful of groups. A little busier on the way down but still surprised how empty the hike was. It's closer to 6.4 miles from trailhead. Easy access from highway to paved parking lot w/ restrooms.

Chilly and windy for second half of the trail. Beautiful views of lakes and 360* mountains. Took 5 of us 3.25 hours to complete including short stop at the top.

Little bit of snow left on the service road in the trees, however, you could easily walk around it and stay on the road. Lots of wind once you hit roughly halfway, was super glad I brought my windbreaker! Incredible views all the way up! Cannot wait to go back and explore the trail past Mt. Flora. 6/18/17

great hike beautiful view!

Absolutely stunning views the entire time! A little chilly up top so pack layers...and bug spray--there are surprisingly some areas with a lot of mosquitos. Amazing hike though!

Mount Flora...what an amazing place. Due to the altitude, this hike is definitely moderate. However, the trail itself is very easy to navigate, well-marked and well-maintained. We hiked on July 2nd and there were fields of wildflowers. There is 1 patch of snow to cross but it is easy to get across. I was surprised to see so many people in shorts and tank tops with no gear. Although this is a short accessible hike, conditions can change quickly. We faced 20 mph wind gusts while walking near the top of Colorado Mines Peak and were freezing. However, that then died down and the next mile was sunny and incredibly hot. When we got to the top, it got windy and chilly again. Come prepared for a variety of conditions! We hit the trail about 5 a.m. on a Sunday and only saw 1 other person on our ascent. We had the summit to ourselves. However, by about 7 a.m. on our descent, there were tons of people. Don't miss signing the informal log book. It is in the rock wind shelter at the summit in a plastic container with a green lid.

Absolutely gorgeous day! Only one patch of snow to cross. Otherwise trail is dry. Chilly at the top- bring layers!

Such a beautiful hike. Blue skies. Wildflowers everywhere. Simply breathtaking.

Trail is easy to follow. Only one small snow field left (shortly after departing the roadway), which was possible without additional traction. Super windy for the last mile or so, and some rock shelters at the peak were a huge bonus. Relatively few people on the trail despite the popularity of the parking lot as a stopping point for tourists. Having a coat/hat/gloves was nice to avoid wind burn.

Still plenty of snow but absolutely gorgeous views! We took the Colorado Mines Trail up, as the Berthoud Trail was extremely hard to find. 360 views and good amount of uphill/scramble. Waterproof boots required.

Monday, March 20, 2017

Gorgeous views throughout this entire hike. We had some trouble finding the trail under the snow. The All Trails ap was very useful for keeping us in the right direction. Much if the beginning is in snow, sometimes deep and/or icy. Trails starts to appear again above tree line. Snow shoes would have come in handy for the first mile or so.

Friday, March 17, 2017

absolutely gorgeous views and a really fun hike! especially with your dog!

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Completed this trail yesterday (11/10) to celebrate the election results. I thoroughly enjoyed the outcome of both. Plenty of snow on the trail, bring the proper footwear. Offered plenty of incredible vistas from winter park to a high alpine lake. As always, bring your camera, your dog, and a celebratory beer.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Did it last weekend (10/22). It was pretty challenging with some extra snow on the trail. The view is gorgeous but it was too windy to hang any longer at the top.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

My dog and I completed this hike in about 3 hours. Amazing scenery! Second time doing this hike and its very lightly trafficked.

Monday, September 05, 2016

My friend and I slept in our car in the trailhead parking lot and woke up at 4 in the morning to watch the sunrise at the top. 100% would do it again. I hike a lot of 14ers, so this was a pretty moderate hike for me, but I enjoyed every second of it. Next time I would like to do it in the day to see the beautiful turquoise colors of the lake, but the trail was perfect to hike at night with a head lamp.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Great hike today. Pretty quiet in the morning, more hikers as we came down around 11. Most of the trail is above the tree line and exposed so layers were helpful. It was a little cold, cloudy, and light snow/rain intermittent. Great balance of more difficult inclines and flatter stretches. Overall amazing views-would highly recommend!

Saturday, August 27, 2016

I think I just found a new favorite.

Monday, August 01, 2016

It's a nice hike with great views once you get towards the summit. One warning is that the hike is almost entirely above the tree line and wind protection is a must. Still decent snow on the backside of the mountain. All in all took 3 hours of moving time to make it up and back

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Great hike with those Colorado views people come here for. Took 2.5 hours round trip with my dog. Trail actually starts up the frontage road off Berthoud pass so the hike is more like 7.5 miles total. Steep but only in spurts

Monday, July 18, 2016

Really enjoyed this hike. Got to the trailhead a little after 9 on a Sunday morning. Parking lot was pretty full but there was still plenty of parking. The trail was pretty well marked and not too busy. Tracking the distance on my phone it was 7.3 miles. There definitely some parts that were a little strenuous but for the most part I would consider this a moderately difficult hike. The views at the top were stunning. 360 degree views and lots of wildflowers! Definitely would recommend.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Great hike! Beautiful views, don't realize how steep it was until you're on the way down. Would do it again without a doubt!

Friday, July 08, 2016

It wasnt as hard as Booth Lake or Fancy Pass Loop, but just as Beautiful.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Even though there was 30-40 mph wind speed, still a great hike!