Mount Falcon Lookout Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(289)
Mount Falcon Park

Mount Falcon Lookout Trail is a 1.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Morrison, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.4 miles Elevation Gain: 180 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Please note: portions of this trail may close due to muddy conditions.

We added on Tower Trail at the end which was perfect! Can’t wait to do it all again.

Great, easy trail with great views. Great spot to bring out of town guests for an easy hike with good views. We did see a large rattlesnake along the trail yesterday. (5/27/20)

Good hike and nice views!

Nice trail, relatively easy. Loads of people with no masks not actively trying to social distance while on the trail.

Nice easy hike. Lots of people with young kids and dogs. Parking was pretty busy but we also went on a Sunday- so to be expected. Easy to make the hike longer or shorter with several different paths. Nice views throughout!

Completed last night on 4.29.30. It was beautiful!! Arrived at 6pm. Both parking lots were almost full. Saw a lot of people at the beginning of the hike. But then once we got to the end of this trail, THERE WAS NO ONE. We posted up with a picnic on a rock to take in the sunset and for the next 2 hours we only saw about 6 people who were all just passing by. It was a gorgeous sunset spot so we were shocked no one was there. We will be going back!!

Easy Sunday morning trail! Came out after watching the sun rise at red rocks. Quite icy so I’d recommend spikes but I was okay with tennis shoes. Quick hike with a great view!

icy

We only walked a mile or so— Trail was icy and windy so we didn’t take the whole trail. Great views and easy wide path. Will come back in summer when snow has melted.

icy

A few dry patches but mostly snow and ice right now. Great little hike with good views and overlook of the city. most of Castle Trail is closed due to muddy conditions so from just before the summer house, down to the east trailhead is closed.

icy

Loved this trail. Crazy beautiful views from the very start. Super icy though so make sure to use caution. There was a gorgeous gazebo with a view of you take Tower Trail. Only saw about 5 people on the entire trail and went around 11 a.m.

This trail offers some gorgeous views! Definitely recommended. I recommend taking the tower trail as well. Well worth the short walk.

A nice park and pretty quiet if you get there before 10 on the weekend. I couldn’t finish the loop because my knee was giving me a hard time, but the Devil’s Elbow was my favorite part!

This trail is very easy. My dog and I usually run the majority of it. At the top it gets a little rocky, but still easy. The views are stunning! Lots of mountain and city views. Great for a quick outdoor run or hike.

Good hike. Moderately easy more than it is moderately difficult. Some ups and downs. Good views. Definitely a hike I’ll do again.

Very flat and easy. Great for an outdoor run. I took my Dalmatian last night for a sunset jog with no problem, and the views were breathtaking. I highly recommend this trail.

Hot.

Lots of wildflowers there right now:) views are 100%

Nice wide trails with plenty of side trips to good views. Did this without the dog this time but saw plenty of other dogs on the trails. A nice mix of sun and shade with enough incline to keep my heart going!