Mount Falcon Castle Trail

Mount Falcon Castle Trail is a 7.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Morrison, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Starts climbing immediately through gorgeous miles of switch backs.

Hiked this 1/8. This listing starts you at the East trailhead for a moderate climb to the castle, probably 4 miles in. Beautiful views of downtown Denver and Red Rocks on the way up. Be sure to take the extra spur to Bird's Eye, near the West Trailhead. The Presidents' House has a neat history but much less to see on that spur.

Always a good hike

Neat hike, uphill from the start until the castle. There are multiple options to extend the hike including the "summer White House" and Mt. Falcon. Very close to the metro area and Morrison is close by to explore.

Gorgeous I did this one on Christmas! And it snowed!!

Nice hike, nice views. Easy. Be mindful of mountain bikers!

Nice hike that’s really easy to follow to the Walter home ruins. Pretty steady incline the entire way. I started at 830 am on Sunday and by the time I got back around 12 the parking lot was pretty full and starting to get pretty crowded with bikes and dogs. I brought my lab, just be sure to bring a little extra water for you and your dog due to the steady uphill climb

Awesome hike close to Denver. As others have mentioned, there are many options how to get up and down. We took one way up and another down in November, and there was no snow and no issues. Do not stop early! Make sure you get all the way to the remnants of the summer White House - that’s where the views are spectacular! Plus, you get to imagine what may have been with the base of the home in place. Loved it and will definitely go back!

Great hike! There are lots of trails from which to choose, and it’s all beautiful! Done this many times! Our go-to hike.

Started with Turkey Trot trail. Nice view on the west / north side of the mountain. Castle trail keeps east and views are mostly of Denver / the city.
Steady climb up the 3 miles of Castle Trail. Work up a good sweat to the top by the Summer White House. Nice views and photo opportunities.

Turkey trot trail is great and more exciting than the Castle trail section, but both are still wonderful! Good views of red rocks from a different perspective. Relatively easy to do the loop, didn't continue on castle trail on the out and back. Would recommend!

Great for kids. Stone house/Castle was great. Simple enough loop for all.

Love this trail, hit it all the time but still can’t run up it without getting so winded I️ have to stop! lol Great exercise and always a challenging ascent if your going for conditioning!

For Tori, another trail just past this one, at Lair of the Bear, is Bear Creek trail to Panorama Point. If you like this trail I️ think you’d also like that one. About 1 mike in civilization fades away and the trail is ALL nature sounds and GORGEOUS wooded scenery!!!

So far this trail has impressed me more than any others I’ve been to in Colorado. There’s so much beautiful, diverse scenery. The climb is quite steep in some parts, and other parts are level or down hill, so you get a good mix. We started the loop at Turkey Trot which is gorgeous. Don’t miss the Walker’s Dream trail. It’s only 0.4 miles up hill to some awesome views. Highly recommend trail for a long day hike!

I just did the Castle Trail-Turkey Trot 4 mi loop which was a perfect afternoon hike on a cooler day, lovely views of Denver from afar and Red Rocks. Just watch out for the speedy downhill bikers, better to start up on Castle Trail so you can see them coming, since bikes aren't allowed on the Turkey Trot part. Pretty heavily trafficked, even on a cool November Sunday, but I don't mind that when hiking solo with just my pup.

Meh. I’ve been to Staunton and Roxborough State Parks and both of those blow this out of the water. Lots of dogs and bikes here...several dogs not leashed...and the views towards the range are not there. Views towards Denver are pretty strong. When the changing of the foliage was peaking on some of the trees off of the Parmalee trail, that portion may have been pretty nice. The rest is nothing more than a nature walk. The 2.5 miles coming up Castle to the peak can give you a bit of a workout, but again, lots of dogs and bikes. For hikers, you can do *much* better. This trail was way oversold to me.

Awesome trail, lots of parking, great views to the west too at the top. Can see redrocks from the hike too!

Went with friends from out of town. Just moved here myself and this was a good time for the four of us!

great place to hike daily as its so close to home with great views. I try to do it several times a week. The only thing that would make it perfect is if it had a pretty stream or waterfall.

such a beautiful trail. many different views.. highly recommended.

I liked the difficulty of the trail, it was certainly a good workout. Nice that it's close to home. Unfortunately, the most strenuous portions of the trail are completely exposed, so I felt like I was just baking in the sun. I probably won't do this one again.