Mount Falcon Castle Trail

Mount Falcon Castle Trail is a 7.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Morrison, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Starts climbing immediately through gorgeous miles of switch backs.

Nice, but very busy

Too challenging for a beginner mountain biker (me), but would be great for experts. also good for intermediate hikers.

Great views of Red Rocks and downtown Denver! Steep first 3/4 mile and then is more rolling and would be a great trail run. Took Castle up and Turkey Trot down. Few mountain bikers on the way down, but they were moving slow on their way going up so easy to avoid.

Just did an afternoon hike on 04/15/2017. I took Turkey Trot Trail up, which is uphill the entire time (great StairMaster workout!). When I came around the loop to either continue to Mt. Falcon or go back down to the parking lot, I took Castle Trail down to the lot. I was able to run down most of the way, but I did have to be on the lookout for bikers coming up behind me. The loop is super short, but it makes for a great afternoon hike!

Had a wonderful time on this hike. We took Turkey Trot up and Castle trail on the way down. If you're a hiker, I highly recommend Turkey Trot to avoid the bikes. Head out early, the parking gets a little rough come afternoon.