Mount Bethel Trail

Mount Bethel Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Silver Plume, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Mount Bethel the very prominent mountain that pops up right before you reach the tunnel heading west on I-70. It was a great hike with amazing views! Since it is not a very well known peak, there is no real trail to the top.

This is the steepest hike I’ve done in a while. Total scramble, not really a trail beyond the valley, but I’d recommend following up one of the tributaries. No lakes for doggies, but still plenty of water in the streams which are frequent enough. Good luck, bring poles for the scramble down.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

The trail is minimally developed due to the relatively low traffic. At times the trail is there and at other times you have to make your own trail. For my son and me that was part of the charm. After seeing two people early on, we had the hike to ourselves.

The views once over the timberline are well worth the hike. For us this was a good warm up hike.

recorded tough