Mohawk Lakes Trail

Mohawk Lakes Trail is a 8.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Breckenridge, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until September. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

scenic driving

Take Spruce Creek Rd., just to the left of Goose Pasture Tarn and go as far as you can on this road.

great hike.

One of our favorite hikes, made it to lower Mohawk lake yesterday but will return in the summer to go all the way to upper. 5 hours up and back at a leisurely pace. Good conditions on trail, made it to the cabin without snowshoes. The late morning sun was turning the snow to slush so from there we used the snow shoes to make the lake.

I highly recommend snowshoes right now. You can make the lake without them but you'll work way harder than you need to and probably get soggy feet for your efforts. Views were incredible as always, you can see pics on my IG @seesienza

Awesome trail system around here. I used snowshoes but saw others without them that had made it up to Mohawk Lakes today. Wildlife is abundant and trails are easy to follow.

Recent hikers, do we need show shoes in order to reach the lake?

I read in recent reviews that it is possible to reach the lakes without snowshoes, that is entirely false. You can only reach Francie's Cabin 1.5 miles in without snowshoes, and even that is tough. After the cabin I was waist deep in snow every step and was forced to turn around. Don't attempt this without snowshoes, you're gonna have a bad time.

Great hike so beautiful! We didn't need snowshoes 2 days ago just stay on the trail. It was beautiful to see the lakes covered in snow;). Can't wait to do it again:) def get to at least lower Mohawk.

We had a really good time. We didn't really need the snowshoes but had them just in case. We didn't make it all the way because of time restraints but I hope to get back there and hike the whole trail. The scenery was beautiful and serene.

We hiked up to mohawk lake today (11/26/16) and it was packed snow on the trail most of the way up, then got a bit deeper once we were closer to the lakes, but fine to hike with or without Yaktracks on the shoes. Stunning views!! Follow Spruce Creek trail all the way and you're all set!

Nov 13. Started hike at 10am and was up and back by 3. moderate difficulty for a midwestern guy who is not adapted to the elevation yet. cabin at mid mountain was a great feature. Snow packed at 12k ft. Didn't see any horseback riders but it is allowed on the trail. if you have a Jeep you can drive 75% of the way up but what's the fun in that?

Great trail. It got a little challenging and difficult at the end but was worth it! Be sure and get to Upper Mohawk lake.

Got lost but I read a review to just go up, and I found my way! Worth the trip, didn't mind getting lost either, beautiful the whole way up and down!