Mohawk Lakes Trail

Mohawk Lakes Trail is a 8.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Breckenridge, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until September. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

scenic driving

Take Spruce Creek Rd., just to the left of Goose Pasture Tarn and go as far as you can on this road.

Such a beautiful and rewarding hike. There were a lot of people on a Saturday but you could hardly tell on the trail. Keep going up to try and see all the lakes if you can!! Many backpackers there camping.

All we could ask for!!

GORGEOUS hike! Lakes are incredible. Easy to traverse. One of my favorites.

Beautiful trail! We started at spruce creek trailhead, it was perfect for our first CO hike and gave us a taste of the altitude adjustment! I highly recommend this trail! especially if you're looking for a scenic hike!

Great hike. Mohawk Lake is beautiful. It gets steep right before Lower Mohawk.

Just went to lower Mohawk Lake. Beautiful but tough...begins with lots of tree roots covering trail...more problematic on trip down. To get up to lower lake lots of large boulders to climb up...but fairly easy if taken slowly. Views are spectacular. I will probably park at second lot to get to upper lake next time.

A must hike on your "to do list". I will admit, there are portions of the hike as you are getting near the lower and upper lake that will make you sweat. The pay off is well worth the effort because you'll be treated with some amazing views that will just make your jaw drop. We spent a total of 5 hours and hiked 7.5 miles. Some of the time spent was waiting for s storm to pass as it dropped small hail and a cold wind. A wind and water proof jacket would have really come in handy at this point. A short time later, the storm had passed and the sun was warming us up. In my own opinion, the only downside was the trail was not marked very well as you got closer to the lower lake. I wish it had been marked as clearly as the beginning of the trail with the blue diamonds. That said, this is a must see!

Pretty trail. Bummed I didn't make it to the lakes due to a storm rolling though. But I'll be back!

A definite work out and one of the best "moderate" trails in the area. My personal favorite. Absolutely stunning views and tons of wild life (including wild mountain goats that are not at all shy and will let you know it). If possible, bring a light fly rod...the lake at upper is rarely visited and the trout are hungry!

Great views. Very rocky the majority of the trail. My calves were super sore for two days!