Mitchell Creek Canyon Trail

Mitchell Creek Canyon Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Castle Rock, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail is a great example of the ecology and geography of the Castle Rock area. It offers much of the same experience as the nearby Castlewood canyon without the crowds. The trail climbs to the western rim of the canyon which it follows for the majority of the hike. The trail can be accessed from the "founders village" Mitchell Creek Trail System as described in the hidden Mesa open space off highway 86. Mountain bikes and horses are prohibited. Dogs must be leashed.

it's a sidewalk in the middle of a suburb with dirt trails that lead to a highschool and a waste management facility.

Just picturesque So much variety of terrain.

Great little hike, super easy to get to fun stuff and great scenery. I took my 9 yr old and he had a blast climbing around on the rocks. We were out in the middle of the day and I was surprised by the mosquitoes. Bring some bug spray.

This is nothing more than a neighborhood, paved walking path.

my son and I hiked this trail for the first time. we had an amazing adventure. there was an easy walking path and then a more advanced one. We will be back!

fun and never crowded