Mills Lake, Black Lake, Frozen Lake Trail

Mills Lake, Black Lake, Frozen Lake Trail is a 11.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Take Hwy. 36 out of Estes Park to RMNP entrance, then go to Bear Lake Rd. and follow it to Glacier Gorge TH.

Mills Lake is fantastic - highly recommended for a short to moderate hike. Black Lake was also beautiful, and the elevation gain to both points was totally manageable; didn't feel too steep. The trail has a lot of downed trees and mud after Mills Lake, but the path has been well cleared. We continued on to Frozen Lake after Black, but lost the faint trail at some point. We ended up scrambling up close to The Spearhead, and I think we saw Frozen Lake from afar/above. I believe we went the wrong way after scrambling through the creek crossing. Beautiful area! Would like to go back one day (maybe when the trail is better marked?) and see Frozen Lake up close.

Mills lake is very picturesque. Not too challenging but enjoyable.

Great hike but wish I took the shuttle instead of parking roadside and hiking an extra 2.75 mikes to trailhead. Cost me time I could've used to beat the storms and get to Black Lake. Mills lakes is lovely but be prepared for mosquito action if you plan to stop for lunch. Fun to "walk the planks"

We combined a hike to Mills Lake and the Loch on a busy summer Saturday. It was a magical trip up the gorge rimmed by high mountains.

Did Mills Lake. 5.6 miles round trip. It be good.

Fantastic hiking with kids.. we ate lunch at Mills and it was the best..

Great day hike. Beautiful views. Ice cold lake water.

Great hike for kids. Arrived at lake just before sundown and had the place to ourselves. Beautiful!

Beautiful view at the end, great hike

I did on Saturday and it was longer than I thought but the view at black lake was amazing..

The way up to black lake from Mills is harder than what I thought. A 2 miles trail took me 2 hours but at least it was rewarding! Before reaching Mills lake, there was a awesome view from the unique U shape valley and longs peak, defiantly worth the time!!!

First hike of the Rockies. Beautiful views, glacier gorge was amazing, Mills lake was amazing.