Mill Creek Trail

Mill Creek Trail is a 6.5 mile loop trail located near Loveland, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.5 miles Elevation Gain: 1,604 feet Route Type: Loop

Park map and signs were confusing. Glad I had AllTrails ap on my phone! Beautiful trail- wooded, water, & views.

2/2/19 - Overall it was a great trail that I am looking forward to trying again. I started at Lory State Park and followed the trail until it connects with Horsetooth. It was a bit muddy in some spots, and I stopped at Horsetooth due to the ice. I only saw a few people on the trail, and the incline was constant but manageable. Perfect hike for me and my dog.

Hiked on 1/20 from the Arthur's Rock trailhead all the way up to the Towers. It was my first time doing Mill Creek trail. The trail was snow covered almost all the way from entering Horsetooth Park all the way to the towers, it wasn't icy but traction devices helped although it could have been done without them. The incline was never ending but provided some nice views along the way. I would recommend this trail to anyone looking for a killer workout close to town. I will definitely be doing this again.

The incline is never ending! The Mill trail is fantastic and connects to many other great trails. The views are non stop. I took the Well Gultch to Arthur's and that to Mill Creek and Howard, Wanted to hit the Westridge trail but didn't have time due to early sunset :/, I did throw in an Arthur's summit though since I saw the .1 mile sign. The loop including the additional "decent" through the Valley trail to connect back to Well Gultch parking area is 8.0 miles,

this trail starting from Lory is sick. straight up and challenging. about 50% tree cover. better when it is cooler. 8.1 miles total. tough and satisfying. some really good terrain changes.

If you are looking for a challenge this trail is it. Long uphill stretches and very rewarding descent. Great views also. Love this one.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Mighty Mill! This trail is a challenge, whether you're running up it or running down it. Despite it's difficulty, it is a very beautiful trail.

recorded hard