Mesa Trail

Mesa Trail is a 7.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Boulder, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until July. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

From Denver, north on 93, left on 170 just south of Boulder. A mile or two to parking on the left.

Hiked the mesa trail and the shannahan loop yesterday - really enjoyed the views of the scenery ! Be aware to wear proper shoes when the snow melts - both trails get extremely muddy and slippery.

A wonderful spot! The mountains and trees were coated with snow, and it was just so beautiful! It was a warm, sunny day, perfect for a hike. Lots of friendly people and dogs along the way. Definitely check this place out!

The current detour makes the beginning of the hike tedious and crowded. Stick with it and you will end up in a beautiful area pretty much by yourself

Great short scenic trail I enjoyed it!

There were loads of wild flowers. Beautiful!

Hiked with two girlfriends and two small dogs. The trail was moderately trafficked. Lots of smiling faces and dogs. We would definitely do this hike again.

5 miles, moderate, poor trail conditions when wet. Beautiful views of Devil's Thumb area and Shanahan Ridge in S Boulder. From South Mesa Trailhead in Eldorado Canyon, I went up Mesa Trail, took a right onto Upper Big Bluestem, through the gate, then up to the left, staying on UPPER Big Bluestem, on up to Mesa Trail, then left down back to the trailhead and parking. Parking fee for non-Boulder County vehicles.

One of my favorite hikes in boulder!! I love how this trail has less hikers than some of the others at Chautauqua. Gorgeous views, some shade and places to stop and get water when needed. I love hiking this with my pup!

Great trail for a day's hike! We parked in the lot off Eldorado Springs Dr and planned on hiking to Chautaqua, but Mesa Trail is closed at the Shanahan fork. If we were feeling ambitious we could have hiked Fern Canyon to Shadow Canyon and then back to our car, but we decided we had enough hike for the day and hiked down Shanahan Ridge to get catch and UBER ride back to our car.

Friday, February 17, 2017

Nice trail. You have to pay to park to use the trail.

Monday, October 10, 2016

I think it's good for the beginners. It was a beautiful trail when I went there in the end of April.

Monday, August 22, 2016

The best.

Friday, August 19, 2016

Did Mesa to homestead trail nice loop, sunny on Mesa side...

Friday, July 08, 2016

Nice trail with lots of wildflowers.

Monday, June 27, 2016

I did the first half of this trail and turned around because I was losing light. The trail was awesome and I'll do it again soon. Great scenery, trees, animals, flowers, creeks, everything. I saw some cool snakes and a fellow hiker had scene a bear right by where I turned around (glad I turned around).

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Wonderful scenery

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Great for my first hike, beautiful Colorado sun!

Sunday, March 06, 2016

Good option for spring!

Friday, February 05, 2016

Nice trail, not too crowded- great hike in the spring if you like getting muddy (I do!) Fairly easy. Only gave it three stars because it was not my favorite trail in the area, but it is my favorite route to use to get to Bear Peak from Chautauqua!

Monday, January 04, 2016

I hiked the section between NCAR and Chautauqua and it's mostly packed snow with some truly ice covered patches where streams are trying to run.