Mesa Trail

Mesa Trail is a 7.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Boulder, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until July. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

From Denver, north on 93, left on 170 just south of Boulder. A mile or two to parking on the left.

There were loads of wild flowers. Beautiful!

Hiked with two girlfriends and two small dogs. The trail was moderately trafficked. Lots of smiling faces and dogs. We would definitely do this hike again.

5 miles, moderate, poor trail conditions when wet. Beautiful views of Devil's Thumb area and Shanahan Ridge in S Boulder. From South Mesa Trailhead in Eldorado Canyon, I went up Mesa Trail, took a right onto Upper Big Bluestem, through the gate, then up to the left, staying on UPPER Big Bluestem, on up to Mesa Trail, then left down back to the trailhead and parking. Parking fee for non-Boulder County vehicles.

One of my favorite hikes in boulder!! I love how this trail has less hikers than some of the others at Chautauqua. Gorgeous views, some shade and places to stop and get water when needed. I love hiking this with my pup!

Great trail for a day's hike! We parked in the lot off Eldorado Springs Dr and planned on hiking to Chautaqua, but Mesa Trail is closed at the Shanahan fork. If we were feeling ambitious we could have hiked Fern Canyon to Shadow Canyon and then back to our car, but we decided we had enough hike for the day and hiked down Shanahan Ridge to get catch and UBER ride back to our car.

Nice trail. You have to pay to park to use the trail.