Meadowlark Plymouth Creek Short Loop

Meadowlark Plymouth Creek Short Loop is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Littleton, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Vault toilets near the beginning of the trail.

This hike has little shade on the North side of the trail, so be sure to wear a hat and use sunscreen. Very basic hike, however where it meets up with Plymouth Mountain Trail is rocky and uneven, so be sure to take your time if you are walking down that part of the trail.

Nice hike close to Denver if you don't have more time to spend hiking. Took my toddler in a backpack and she had a great time seeing all the birds, wildflowers, lizards, and rabbits. Lots of other hikers, mountain bikers, and quite a few trail runners, so be mindful and keep little ones/pets close to make it safe for everyone. Not much shade so go early on hot days. Pretty urban with the last half mile or so almost in the backyards of some homes in the area. Felt longer than 2.5, but didn't track it.

Nice and dry today. Meadowlark trail was in good condition but it looks like the Plymouth Creek trail was used pretty heavily while muddy. I did a run/hike hybrid and really enjoyed this trail. Plenty of beautiful flowers to enjoy on this adventure.

Muddy today! really sloppy in spots. Might take a day or two for it to dry up.

Very nice hike and great for a cooler day, as there is not too much shade when you're not around the stream. I'm a sucker for a nice water feature, though, and the flowers were blooming like crazy. Very beautiful! It was very busy with other hikers on a Saturday and the Meadowlark portion got quite crowded at points.

Nice trail. Going clockwise around the loop, the first portion was a good climb through shaded hills with a stream running through it. The dog loved it! The end of the trail, the Meadowlark portion, was sunny with a nice overlook at the plains. Saw some deer and a rat snake.

This was a nice hike despite the mud/ice/snowpack when we went this weekend. I hiked it with my 3, 6, and 8 year old as well as my dog. I was concerned about the Plymouth portion being too difficult for us due to the black diamond, "most difficult" rating given on the Jeffco map. This was made a little more difficult with the trail being 10% icy, and 70% sticky slippery mud, regardless we all made it just fine albeit dirty and it was not "most difficult." Without the added conditions I would definitely say this is not a difficult trail. It was beautiful and I look forward to hiking it later this season without the added conditions.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Started up the Plymouth trail and then took Meadowlark trail down. Plymouth was rocky and steeper than I had expected. Meadowlark was on the side of the mountain and you saw more of the city views. There are some shaded areas and definitely lots of people-I went around 9:30 am. Overall good hike though.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

The trail itself is very nicely maintained and pretty. However if you like quiet as I do this trail will disappoint. The great views of the valley below is dotted with pressboard McMansions, and we could never escape either highway noise, the sound of lawn service equipment, or even a PA system blasting from a Mexican wedding downslope (complete with live band and singer). We did like the shade from the scrub oaks, and we did see one rattlesnake, which was exciting. If you do hike in this area, consider hiking further up the canyon to get away from the noise. It's a great loop if you like to run... did see some mtn runners.

Monday, April 03, 2017

This is a very pretty short loop with extension options. Our group preferred the Meadowlark portion of this hike, as it ascends out of the gully and offers the best views from its open slopes. Ample parking at the trailhead, though the official park map posted there seems to underestimate mileage.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Good! Should have worn cleats.

recorded