Meadowlark Plymouth Creek and Plymouth Mountain Trail Loop

Meadowlark Plymouth Creek and Plymouth Mountain Trail Loop is a 6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Littleton, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Jefferson County Open Space 700 Jefferson County Parkway, Golden, CO 80401-6018 (303) 271-5925 http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/ext/dpt/comm_res/openspac/

We went on a sunny day four days after the snow. We could see snow had been melted in most the places. Trail was muddy in some places. Lot of houses are there nearby! Restroom was clean.

Solid climbs/workout, but really close to civilization. You can see houses for a lot of the hike.

Hiked today 12/16 and the trail is still very, very icy. Definately recommend spikes.

It was a warm day (60!) but most of Plymouth Creek between Meadowlark and and the upper loop was icy and muddy. If you bring your dog, be prepared to give a bath! Meadowlark was dry and clear, but no views - just trees.

Gorgeous views!

This was a hidden gem that I should probably write a bad review so no more people decide to visit! Really lovely hike and close by. Every turn was another breath taking view. This will become one of our regular hikes.

Had to cut this hike short due to bears. There’s a sign at the trailhead about recent bear activity but there were a number of people on the trail so I started the hike. After passing several people warning of the bear spotted that morning, I looped over to meadowlark trail and called it a day. May want to wait on this hike for a while. (Bear was spotted morning of 9/26)

Narrow at times. Difficult to pass.

Nice hike...lots of people and mountain bikers. My advice is to stay on trails that bikers arent allowed if you are hiking. Nice views but didnt see a waterfall.

Great hike for first timers! Pretty okay scenery and nice amount of inclines to feel like you did something.

This trail is magnificent! Every time I made a turn a new view would take my breath away. Bikers and hikers on the trail were friendly. One of the prettiest trails I’ve ever been on! Truly not to be missed.

chill hiking, nothing too intense, plenty of shade, nice views. *****

As a trail runner, I found Meadowlark to be awesome - a nice variety of shade & sun, not too steep and technically easy. When you get to Plymouth Creek portion, however, this is more of a washout than a trail. huge boulders, giant steep steps. I walked up and down it due to how difficult it is. It's a good workout but pretty unpleasant if you're trying to run. I didn't get through the full 2nd loop but found the early stages (turning left off Plymouth Creek as soon as I could) to be lovely. I will try it again but will have low expectations on speed. It got pretty busy by 8:30a so it's a good morning route.

cougar was sighted at base of grizzly drive after an evening hike. other than that trails are in great shape and the creek is running.

We loved this hike! The different terrain types ranging from the deep forest feel to the open, arid desert parts. It sprinkled briefly on our way back but didn’t ruin the experience. We also took the quick out and back on the scenic view trail to have some lunch and enjoy the views. The hike’s difficulty is accurate.

Good local trail. Cool view of Denver! A little harder than I thought it would be.

Saw 2 deer, 1 rattle snake and either a bobcat or lynx last night. Be vigilant.

Excellent

Very pretty hike. Not very hard at all. Note for dog owners - there is no stream or waterfall this time of year. Do not plan on any water for the pets on the trail. Bring plenty for them with this heat. Good hike, good views - nice and close to town.

Hiked this trail in the evening, and we had the whole trail to us. Since it’s so close to the city, this one is totally doable at any time in the day. Took my not-so-athletic dog with us and he had no problems hiking the whole thing. Decent amount of shade throughout the trail that protected us from the rains in the evening. Great views of the city once you reach the Plymouth Mountain trail.

Good long hike, we saw butterflies a lot of meadows and gorgeous views! There were some “where am I” times but when in doubt just walk down hill.

Beautiful trail!!

Didn’t have a chance to hike it. Mountain lion reported on trail in the middle of the day!

Loved the trail, nice balance of open park and shaded trails.

Beautiful trail with flowers,views and the right amount of challenge. Get there early on weekends. Many trail runners, bikers and hikers.

although hot, beautiful and the views were magnificent!

Beautiful hike! Pretty moderate but long. I went Friday at around 11:00 AM and there were times where I was the only person on the trail for miles. The mud has dried up so no need to worry about that, and there are plenty of trails that branch off if you want to visit a new area! Over all a great hike! Clear directions, trail is wide in most areas and easy to follow.

muddy today! pretty sloppy in spots.

Nice hike to start our hiking this year