Meadowlark Plymouth Creek and Plymouth Mountain Trail Loop

moderate 714 reviews

Meadowlark Plymouth Creek and Plymouth Mountain Trail Loop is a 6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Littleton, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.0 miles Elevation Gain: 1,309 feet Route Type: Loop

Please be respectful of property owners in the surrounding area and only enter this trail from the main trailhead off Grizzly Drive. This trail may experience temporary closures due to extreme weather conditions. Please consult the park's website before visiting.

icy

This was the first time I did this trail and it whooped my behind, in a good way! I went on Jan 26th and the trail was truly a mix of dry dirt, then snow, then ice, the mud, the ice and mud, and back to dirt. So, make sure you have your spikes with you! Other than that, gorgeous and serene!

meadowlark was nice but muddy and Plymouth was insanely icy. I did it safely without spikes or poles but I don't recommend it! If you have pups I would recommend going up icy Plymouth and coming down Meadowlark so your dog and you are safer. Great hike near the city!

Want a little bit of everything? Mud. Ice (good traction mandatory). Dirt. Snow.

Bring traction! Microspikes or yaktraks or you're going to have a bad time. If it's not snow packed, it will be muddy. I saw people wearing converse sliding everywhere. It will be snowpacked/icy on the Plymouth Mountain trail. Muddy on some spots on Meadowlark. Be prepared for that!

closed

12/24 - Trail is currently closed :(

icy

Nice little hike! Good workout going up (we went clockwise) and I was really glad for crampons on the downhill.

icy

Saturday afternoon hike with my son December 7. Our first time checking this spot out. Steady uphill climb, icy places got a bit tricky. Great scenic view! Saw deer as we hiked out.

Snowy and muddy, but no problem with traction.

icy and muddy in places, but a nice walk with beautiful views

icy

Beautiful day to hike this trail, it’s open but you need micro spikes (I didn’t have any and had to turn around where Meadowlark meets Plymouth so made it a 3 mile loop) but nice trail and I would rate and easy-moderate. Not very steep on meadowlark. Gorgeous red rock views and plenty of parking. Parts of trail are bike free. Lots of dogs!

entire park is closed.

I hiked this the weekend after the first snowfall of the fall. There was a good amount of snow left on the trail where the shade was but so beautiful!!

My hike totaled six miles - starting my ascent with the Plymouth Creek Trail, then hiking the Plymouth Mountain Loop, and heading back on Meadowlark. Hardest park was at the steps - it’s quite rocky and a bit steep. Also, along this bit, there were a lot of bees, so be aware if you’re allergic to stings, though they didn’t bother me. If you plan on doing the Plymouth Mountain loop, there are two ways to go - if you start by hiking to the left at the Y, you’ll have a gentle ascent and then steep descent, and if you go to the right, a steep uphill and gentle downhill. Bring lots of water, because half of the hike (mostly on Meadowlark) is unshaded. Went on a Tuesday around noon & there were not many people on the trail, especially in Plymouth Mountain.

I did the barbell as a figure eight, starting counterclockwise. The "handle" of the barbell is steep, but worth it! The upper loop has great views, feels very secluded, and is almost entirely shaded. I went on a weekday, and there wasn't much foot or bike traffic.

More difficult than moderate in some spots. Make sure to bring ALL OF WATER! the unshaded areas can get pretty hot, depending on the weather.

My son and I started hiking this around 9:30 am on Thursday (two days ago). Beautiful fall”ish” weather. Skipped the Meadowlark portion of the upper loop. Took a hard fall descending the rocky portion. Turned my ankle on a loose rock. Was descending at a fast pace. So... my fault really. Lovely close in trail, but quiet and feels farther out. Found some wild raspberries right along the side of the trail. Delicious! Our hike was 5.3 miles. Will definitely do this one again!

saw 2 snakes today, 1 a rattlesnake. freaking scary!! but cool. it smells like fire the 1st half a mile or so because of the recent fire here. looks like halloween. both sun and shade. this is one of my favorite hikes and I highly recommend!