Meadowlark Plymouth Creek and Plymouth Mountain Trail Loop

Meadowlark Plymouth Creek and Plymouth Mountain Trail Loop is a 6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Littleton, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.0 miles Elevation Gain: 1,309 feet Route Type: Loop

Please be respectful of property owners in the surrounding area and only enter this trail from the main trailhead off Grizzly Drive. This trail may experience temporary closures due to extreme weather conditions. Please consult the park's website before visiting.

I brought my dog and we had an awesome time (7/14/2019). We started at Meadowlands and then took Plymouth Creek to Plymouth Mtn. The plymouths are pretty consistent up hill grinds, but the canyon and shade makes for a very refreshing climate. I did not find the rocks to be too challenging for my dog (lab). I went 6:15am-8:45am with the scenic view and multiple stops for my dog to drink water. Everyone was very pleasant and friendly. Trails were typically wide enough to allow bikers to pass by uninterrupted. Trying to talk myself out of going again to see a different park/trail, but I think I'll end up here again this weekend. BONUS: I saw three deer first thing when I arrived and they crossed the path 35-50ft ahead of me. Very neat.

Great trail to hike on. I took my dog (he’s 6 y.o.) and we were able to climb the elevation just fine. It gets a bit rocky at some parts but definitely manageable. The Scenic View trail about halfway in is definitely worth the extra distance, it’s about 1 mile round trip and provides a great spot to rest or eat. Even if you do the whole trail once, it’s worth a second trip to hike in the opposite direction to be a fairly different hike. Also to note, I don’t know why it says waterfall as a featured sight, I saw no waterfalls. Otherwise, it’s a great hike with some amazing views!

great hike! beautiful flowers and amazing views. a little shade breaks along the way.

05/22/2019 - no parking or park fee - lots of parking - late spring very muddy and some snow on 05/22 - the trail is rocky on some part

Great trail.... varied terrain.. small creek and great butterflies!

Simple hike, meadow was a change of pace for the area. Pretty views.

Rattlesnake ABORT!!

Very busy. Went on Sunday and it was packed by 8:30am. No shade for first 1-2 miles. Views were decent. Dry but rocky!

Really great hike with scenic views. Plenty of shady spots along the way.

First Meadowlark is quiet on a week day. Views are incredible. Went at 2:00 and it was warm in lots of sun but there quite a few shade spots. Then you turn onto to Plymouth trail where bikers are allowed. That can get busy plus it is very rocky! Overall love the trail and can’t wait to do again! Bathrooms having running water too!

Beautiful trail in spring and fall. Lots of migrating birds, good trail, steep in parts. I prefer right side as left trail can get really dry and hot. Mountain bikers. Beautiful wildflowers early summer. What happened to the Alfred Packer history info? Maybe I just missed it.

My favorite Local Denver morning quick hike.

Great views. Trail wasn't very busy for a Friday afternoon.

Excellent trail, beautiful scenery, lots of flowers and birds. Very rocky!

First loop was pretty busy, second was a little quieter. Definitely plan on doing the scenic out and back portion to the mountain outlook, worth it for the views!

I've done this in mid/late evenings and find it to be a calm and beautiful way to end a day. Never had issues with parking at that hour. Relatively easy stuff.

One of my favorite loops in the Denver-ish area! Just the right amount of forest, view, sun, uphill & downhill for a perfect trail run/hike! Lots of hikers with dogs so I felt safe running alone, and trail was 98% dry!

I went the meadowlark route first, beautiful scenery but way too many small children who really had no business being up there. Once you hit the Plymouth part in come the mountain bikers, so beware. I would recommend going on weekday with less people.

3.5 stars. I have mixed feelings about this hike. The second half of the loop was gorgeous, and superduper quiet. But that said, the first half had a ton of mountain bikers, plus quite a bit of a rocky climb. Felt rather challenging to me.... Muddy as of 4/20/2019.

Trail is in good shape.

4/20/19: Some snow in the shaded areas but not enough to be any trouble. Great views and surroundings, clear trails, and good climbs; steep in some areas. The “waterfall” isn’t very prevalent but the views and the hike itself are worth it. I can also see the appeal for mountain biking and will most likely use the trail for it as well.

Beautiful trail. Pretty muddy today, but to be expected after yesterday's snow. Will definitely come back to do it again.

Very pretty hike! Views almost the whole way. A bit snowy and muddy on Plymouth trail.

Great trail, I’ve not had issues with parking, easy to get to, ppl are pretty friendly and views are amazing. Was there last weekend (04/07) and there’s was some snow in a few areas and a bit muddy in others. This is a “go to” for me when. You have several options on how short or long you want your adventure to be. Happy Hiking friends. ⛰

Meadowlark is the easiest part of the trail. It gets real once you jump on Plymouth Mt Trail. A few snow/mud patches.

Didn’t record whole hike. Nice dog hike in lower altitudes of CO.