Meadow Loop and Ridge Trail

Meadow Loop and Ridge Trail is a 4.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Dillon, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

great scenery. part of the ridge was closed but there is light trail that works around.

Gorgeous, fun Winter trail run. I wore Kahtoola micro spikes for sure footing. Pretty views on a runnable Winter trail.

We wanted an “easier” trail close to Frisco and we chose this trail. We went up the ridge trail and it was STUNNING. As for easy it would probably be more like easy to moderate because there is some incline and a few rocky areas. We laughed because we were the only hikers without dogs! It took us 2 hours with stops along the way to take in the view. Loved it. But I am easy to please.

Wife and I hiked every inch of it...every overlook and side trail. I would stick to the ridge trail and go out and back rather than getting on the gravel path near the reservoir. Views from ridge trail are great!

We did the wide 3 miles from the trailhead straight out to the reservoir. It was cool, windy and an easy walk. We went mid-morning and there were very few people out there. The views are amazing. Perfect for out-of-towners looking for a good view and an easy hike.

Just challenging enough for my skill level and age. Gorgeous scenery

Beautiful views!

Nice easy hike, but not one that stands out as amazing. You get some nice views of the lake. We finished it in a little under 2 hours and that was with stops for pictures and a quick break to relax and enjoy the view of the lake.

Great hike, amazing views looking west over Dillon Reservoir towards Breckenridge. Hiked this with my 81 year old dad.

Nice easy trail hike with some great views of the lake. Trail was easily marked and took us 2 hours to complete. You can hike the trail a lot quicker, but we stayed and took in some of the gorgeous views of the water. You won't be disappointed, enjoy!

I really liked this Trail as a resident of Summit County. This is a great Trail to bring a friend who's visiting town and likes to hike.
Take the first right turn after passing the lake to the right. You will be driving Hwy 6 south alongside Lake Dillon Reservoir to the right. Begins at the bike path so beware of bicyclists. Leads to a dirt road to the left and leaves the bike path which curves to the right. Lots of people walking this relatively flat stretch to the water treatment facility and then head back to the parking lot. I walked to the water treatment facility and let my dog play in the water. Then heading back we found the trailhead for and followed along and every .5 'mile there was a little path leading off the main path to various outlooks. This trail has numerous viewpoints and one has a few benches to sit on a view in an inlet on the Reservoir. Eventually the trail opens up to a big meadow where you can either go north and meet the main trail we took to the water treatment facility, or go southeast and about 1.5 miles further until you come out on the west side of the parking lot.

Great hike for beginners and families. my husband and I did this with our 4 year old son and I am 7 months pregnant. Great views of the lake along the top of the ridge trail. Took lots of pictures of the beautiful scenery. Overlook areas were great! Just far enough away from the highway to make it feel secluded and serene! Highly recommend!

trail was excellent. well groomed and the elevation gain is great. only complains are Ridge trail was hard to spot and the couple dog poo bags along the trail. people always get mad when trails don't allow dogs, this is that reason why. be a responsible owner please. enjoy!

Great walk/hike for those acclimating, pregnant or with little ones.

Colorful wildflowers first week of July. 1/2 mile of road noise from the parking lot is distracting and bikers speeding by on the same paved path makes casual nature walk a little less than ideal. The trail around the lake looks good for biking and x-country skiing.

Enjoyable hike with great view of Dillon reservoir. Very lightly trafficked. The turn off that goes up hill can be hard to notice. Also some difficulty with trail splits. Overall good.

This hike is nice and quiet once you get off the dirt road. When you get to the top make sure to check out all the little lookout spots!!

Beautiful views! A couple short steep inclines and declines. Took the dogs and had a great time!

Nice easy hike with pretty lake views.

Very pretty views of Lake Dillon. Would recommend following outlook trails. Nice hike on the first day coming up from a lower elevation.