Meadow Loop and Ridge Trail is a 4.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Dillon, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

partially paved

Great hike!!!

Nice, well maintained trail with some great views near the top. Great for beginners or children.

A couple good lookout points and overall great hike. Went with 5 children (15,13,10, 2 and 6 months old).

Our family of 5 (parents and kids age 12,13, and 16) hiked this trail our first day in Dillon. We live on the east coast, at sea level, and this was a great hike for us as we acclimated to the altitude. Beautiful scenery and surprisingly great views/ scenic overlooks. I'm not in great shape, and stopped occasionally on the steeper parts of the trail for some water, but this trail was perfect for us!

Much better than hiking up or down a ski hill like most of the tourists do while in town.

Fun walk with our granddaughter! More houses and roads than we prefer but a nice trail

Good early morning hike! Took our 8 month old grandchild with us. Pretty views and meadow had lots of flowers in bloom!

Did this hike on an overcast July morning and loved it. Not too strenuous with nice views. Nothing incredibly special, but still a nice little hike.

The trail where bikers are not permitted is quite nice. The water is crystal clear and the views of the mountains are breathtaking. The trail is very easy to access as well as easy to hike. Although jt’s a beautiful hike, I personally enjoy views that don’t include power lines and major roadways. For where it’s located, it’s a great hike and worth it.

Favorite local trail, hike it a couple times of week just to escape. Great views of the lake and mountains, very quiet for being close to town!

I’m obese and out of shape so this trail was perfect. I got a workout heading up the trail but not so much that I was miserable. If you are looking for an easy trail or have small kids this is perfect. Great views.

Cool little hike. Took a 7 and 10 year old. While they complained a bit about the “uphill” portions, they had a great time exploring the trail, woods, and views.

We started at Meadows Trail from parking lot on Highway 6, then Crosscut up to Ridge Trail where picture was taken.

A nice easy trail, some awesome views of the lake and surrounding mountains. A nice mix of open and wooded areas. Great for warm-ups.

easy trail. I did it with my 9 year old and my 8 month old. I was able to use the stroller but mainly stayed in the main road. it took us 30 minutes to reach the lake from the parking lot but we are slow walkers.

great views and very light traffic. easy for any group

The old reservoir trail has amazing views and a quick 0.8 mile trip uphill. Very easy but the views are wonderful!

Nice quick trail nearby my house. Good for my small elderly dog. Route options between 2-4 miles, looped, so you can choose to do more or less based on your mood. Steep switchbacks climb to moderate ridge through the trees. Connecting with woods road that heads downhill, back to the main waterfront trail and rec path/parking area. Watch for bikers when you connect back briefly with the rec path.

Conditions 4/25 are very muddy and wet; with some snow still present in shady places. Beware of mud slicks, soft snow and steep edges climbing switchbacks. Thankfully I didn’t fall and make a mess of myself!

1/30/18 Hiked this trail with some friends from the East Coast(I’m local) and we all enjoyed the views. Half of the trail is covered in snow and the other is paved. I’m glad I was recording because at one point the trail split and we went the way where the snow was most packed(assuming it being most traveled), which ended up being wrong. We had to find the trail by cutting across untouched snow which was up to our knees. It was all worth it. Not a lot of people on the trail and got some great photos.

Great hike to bring your furry friends along! The views are wonderful, especially from the ridge trail. The gravel road was mostly clear of snow, but once you turn off on the ridge trail, the snow get a little deep. Great views!

great scenery. part of the ridge was closed but there is light trail that works around.

Gorgeous, fun Winter trail run. I wore Kahtoola micro spikes for sure footing. Pretty views on a runnable Winter trail.

We wanted an “easier” trail close to Frisco and we chose this trail. We went up the ridge trail and it was STUNNING. As for easy it would probably be more like easy to moderate because there is some incline and a few rocky areas. We laughed because we were the only hikers without dogs! It took us 2 hours with stops along the way to take in the view. Loved it. But I am easy to please.

Wife and I hiked every inch of it...every overlook and side trail. I would stick to the ridge trail and go out and back rather than getting on the gravel path near the reservoir. Views from ridge trail are great!

We did the wide 3 miles from the trailhead straight out to the reservoir. It was cool, windy and an easy walk. We went mid-morning and there were very few people out there. The views are amazing. Perfect for out-of-towners looking for a good view and an easy hike.

Just challenging enough for my skill level and age. Gorgeous scenery

Monday, October 16, 2017

Beautiful views!

Friday, October 13, 2017

Nice easy hike, but not one that stands out as amazing. You get some nice views of the lake. We finished it in a little under 2 hours and that was with stops for pictures and a quick break to relax and enjoy the view of the lake.

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Great hike, amazing views looking west over Dillon Reservoir towards Breckenridge. Hiked this with my 81 year old dad.

Friday, September 15, 2017

Nice easy trail hike with some great views of the lake. Trail was easily marked and took us 2 hours to complete. You can hike the trail a lot quicker, but we stayed and took in some of the gorgeous views of the water. You won't be disappointed, enjoy!