Meadow Creek Trail

Meadow Creek Trail is a 8.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Frisco, Colorado that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The 8-mile out and back is okay. I highly recommend going an extra 1.5 miles to the top of Eccles Pass which makes this an 11-mile out and back hike. The first 2.5 miles is fairly steep and rocky. The trail flattens out near the tree line and makes a moderate ascent to Eccles Pass. The extra 3 miles round trip is worth the view - don't stop at the end of this trail!

Beautiful the whole way - aspens, creek, wildflowers. A mix of compact forests to open views and green fields. Nice hike to Lilly Pad lake too.

Nice, easy hike, a little more crowded than I'd like.

Nice morning hike.

Very pretty and pretty easy,will do again if passing through but rather long drive on a Sunday for a short hike....but it wasn't crowded and lots of pretty views

Monday, November 07, 2016

Was up here yesterday, 11/6/2016. It snowed gently off and on all day, but was not too cold and easily passable without snow shoes. Beautiful hike, stunning views.

Friday, October 21, 2016

Go up to Eccles pass. My gps told me it was 10.8 miles RT but It's worth it for the views! One of the prettiest hikes I've ever done. Completed it August 14, 2016 and it was perfect wildflower season

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Aspens are incredible right now!!!! So yellow and vibrant. Get up there!!

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

I'm going to blame the weather for the three star review. We got rained and fogged out on the hike, didn't make it to the pass. Will try again another day!

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Consistent climb, great aspens in the beginning, good post 14er hike with visitors

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Great

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Didn't get to get too far up the trail due to time constraints, but the few miles I did were gorgeous. Just to put a friendly warning out there for dog owners, as the wild flowers are blooming (and beautiful) on this trail, I did come across a few large patches of water hemlock and purple monkshood which can be fatal for dogs if they eat them. While walking this trail be sure to keep an eye on your pups! I uploaded a photo to the gallery of these flowers for your reference :)

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Beautiful hike! Very scenic!

Sunday, June 05, 2016

I wish I had read Curt's review before I went! Same thing happens to us to much snow right now to follow the trail to the top. There were two spots with spectacular views of the lake/mountains we did get before that point at least.

Saturday, June 04, 2016

My wife, son, son's girlfriend and I hiked up to the 10,800 elevation yesterday (June 2, 2016) until the trail was too difficult to navigate due to the snow. We did maneuver around the snow for about a third of a mile and then decided to head back down and visit Lily Pad Lake. There, my son and I made the most of our visit and took a plunge into the lake. The day was perfect in every way and there was not too much mud to deal with before hitting the snow. We hiked a total of 7.73 miles and climbed a total 1,960 feet in elevation. This is an excellent hike that is very accessible off I-70 near Frisco.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Perfect! Hiked it today with our 7-yr old so only did 3.2 miles. Reaching the 10,000ft point was the best because the creek was flowing hard. Would recommend to anyone looking for a good day hike.

Friday, September 18, 2015

Nice hike!! It was a little crowded right at the beginning but most people were veering off toward lily pad lake, so we didn't see a lot of people after that. A little steep incline at first, but the rest is gradual incline so you aren't dead by the end. Not quite sure why it says "8 hours" on here. We tracked it as just around 9.4 miles and it took us 4 hours and 15 min, give or take with some resting at the top to eat. The views are excellent, the water is nice. We lucked out on a BEAUTIFUL almost fall day. Definitely recommend this hike!

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Good day for a hike.2004-June 19

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

It is thick with trees and a bit marshy at first, but slowly opens up into stunning views as it climbs. I found an old mine with twisted rails on the way. There are supposed to be old cabins up the creek a little from where the trail crosses it, but I did not check these out.

I hiked this as part of a loop around Buffalo Mountain. Most of the traffic was on Lily Pad coming from Meadow Creek, but there were quite a few on this one too. The trail is very easy to follow and has a bridge for the creek crossing and wooden walkways for the marshy parts.