Mayflower Lake and Lower Mohawk Lake

Mayflower Lake and Lower Mohawk Lake is a 5.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Breckenridge, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

My wife and I hiked to Lower Mohawk. We started at 9:00 am, which was smart because it was quite crowded later even though it was mid-week. The first two miles are pretty easy mostly in the trees. Lots of roots and some views and not many wildflowers. Then the next 1-1/2 miles to the lake are great but definitely challenging. Lots of big rocks and boulders and lots of wildflowers and views. I am 72 and could do it but my legs got pretty tired by the end. Some parts of this section are difficult to follow the trail as it is rocky and not a path per se. On the whole, definitely worth it if you are in decent shape and can handle the altitude.

Gorgeous views! My husband and I aren't big hikers but with plenty of breaks and water, we were able to make it to see Lower Mohawk Lake! It even hailed on us a little bit for a few moments and left us with a breathtaking rainbow! Towards the top, I recommend staying towards the left of you want an easier climb, we went to the right and were using a large metal cable to help us up the steep climb!

Hiked this trail over Memorial Day Weekend and it was a great hike. The distance wasn't terrible, got a good sweat, and the end was rewarding as well. The directions on this hike get you right there. Still parts where there was snow, but it wasn't an issue. The only other comment i have is its easy to miss the actual start of the trail head because when you arrive there is a large opening with a dirt road where the trail map sign is at. I assumed this is where it starts. The trailhead is actually on the left, but the road that is by the trail sign will get you to the same spots, its just a different route and not an actual trail. Overall, recommendable hike

Amazing hike, one of my favorites! Proposed to my fiance at the top next to a waterfall

Great hike. Pretty scenery and easy pace. May be too easy for younger folk but as I am 67, this was just right. Would love to try with heavy snow and in summer.

Fantastic hike near Breck. Recommend going past mayflower after stopping by there to see all the Mohawk lakes a bit higher up. A good amount of snow built up on the trail was easy to navigate until you get to the lower Mohawk lakes where it got pretty tricky and we turned around when it got too deep/post holing. Definitely will be coming back to get to the upper lakes as the views are incredible in all directions once you get up high. Will be back when it will be much easier to do without snow.

FABULOUS