Mayflower Gulch Grand Traverse

Mayflower Gulch Grand Traverse is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Breckenridge, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

skiing

34 minutes ago

Not my usual type of hike ( I usually do longer hikes with less traffic) but I did really enjoy this one. We took the trail there and the road back. The trail had a lot of snow, snowshoes would help. There were parts where the snow was about 2 ft deep. You do have a lot better views this way vs the road, road has trees on all sides. Lots of wind up by the cabins but other than that very beautiful. The cabins ruins are still in good condition.

Beautiful views all around. Will need some sort of traction and hiking shoes/boots.

Depending on what you want out of the experience this one had it all. Trail itself was packed enough I wore just my boots but kept my snowshoes lashed to my pack. plenty of offshoot trails though if you want to go and do more snowshoeing that I think will lead you to the same cabin ruins, not sure. Otherwise once you make it to the ruins lots of options to shoe up and explore with snow being in great condition for snowshoeing and pretty fluffy so you aren't scraping on rocks or anything. I don't know anything about X-skiing but plenty of them out there and people skinning up seemed like a good sign to me. Left late and got there at 10 and still plenty of parking and not too crowded for a Saturday and was able to be enjoy myself, explore and snack attack and be at my car by 1:30.

We went 12/15 in the afternoon. stunning views! We dont have spikes... but we had snowshoes and I definitely recommend some sort of traction device. felt mostly empty, only ran into a couple back country skiers. ample parking, easy to find. would do again in a heartbeat!

Went hiking there today. This was my first winter hike in CO and I was totally blown away! The views at the top of the hill were simply breathtaking. It did get busy with skiers so go early

We hiked this this past weekend with about 5 inches of snow and it was gorgeous! It's really not a difficult hike and even though it says you're walking up an old jeep road, it doesn't really feel like it. The views are stunning. Highly recommend.

Nice hike. We went up the left-hand fork to the amphitheater below Atlantic. Easy going all the way. impressive mine way up the west ridge of Atlantic, still connected by a wire to the structure below.

Great hike with great views! old mining ruins are cool too!

Really enjoyed this hike. When I read that it was up a road, I was not very optimistic. The road, however, goes through a heavily wooded forest with frequent views on one side. The mining ruins are interesting, too. The 360 views from the top of the ridge line are FANTASTIC!!! This hike gives quite a bit of bang for the buck.

Beautiful wildflowers and views. Steep incline to the top, but worth it!

Great views from start to finish. The hike up to the south ridge is steep but worth it for the great views in several directions. The hike to the south ridge and to the mill totaled 7.6 miles

Pretty steep climb but worth it for the incredible views when you clear the tree line. We had 3 kids with us, ages 4, 8, and 9, and they all handled it fairly well. Only minor complaining. We loved seeing the cabins and mine remnants which were the reason we chose this particular trail. Lots of cute marmots when you reach the rocky portion of the trail near the very top. Wish we had seen more animals though. Overall, terrific hike and I would definitely recommend it!

I love this trail...it's an old jeep road that's shaded with brief mountain glimpses u til it opens up into a great mountain amphitheater! The old mining cabins add to the great vistas. You can continue past the cabins to see more remnants or backtrack a few feet and take the right fork in the trail heading up to the ridge line. Today the wildflowers were spectacular on the climb to the ridge! At the top there are 360 degree views of numerous mountain ranges. No bugs today.

Great views

Really cool remains of miners cabins. Easy hike.

Nice hike.

Fun hiking trail with old mining cabins and scenic views. Trail is a little hard to follow above treeline, so you can turn around and go back out the way you came, or follow a trail along the ridge. The ridge trail is challenging to follow if you don't have a map or GPS (not clearly marked, there are some cairns).

Nice hike to the old Boston mine. I did it with a 2 and 4 year old and they tolerated it fairly well. 1.7 miles from trailhead to the mine.

Beautiful mountain meadow ! Neat old mining town ruins.