Maroon Bells Scenic Loop Trail

Maroon Bells Scenic Loop Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Aspen, Colorado that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips.

My husband and I did this trail in October of 2016. Fall beauty in leaves everywhere. Absolutely gorgeous area!!!

There is no hike involved to see the iconic views of Maroon Bells from Maroon Lake that you see in all the photos, but if you want to get in a short, easy walk past the lake, this is it! Leashed dogs are allowed every where else in the area BUT this scenic loop. There are signs specifically stating no dogs on the scenic loop. Fall foliage is definitely past its peak when we visited on 10/8/2017. Only one patch of yellow aspens left near the start of the trail.

We went for the sunrise during peak fall weekend! It was wonderful. We slept in our car in the parking lot the night before because of how popular it is to go this time of year, but it was well worth it (the parking lots filled up by 5am). It was a very easygoing trail if you're just looking to see some great views and have a relaxing afternoon.

Easy and short Hike, any one can do it! loved the views its has already fall colors... you can park near the hike if you drive before 8am for only $10 cash (no credit cards) but also you can pay a ticket bus from the Aspen highlands ranch that will drive you to the base of the Maroon bells....

Lovely, and you can skip the Upper Loop and turn around at the bridge if your party struggles--it's a little more steep and rocky beyond that.

It never ceases to amaze me how beautiful our state is! This is my second time to Maroon Bells in as many weeks and I am still in awe of the beauty that I see!

If you are going to maroon bells after 8am they want you to park at the hotel for $5 and then pay $8 per person for the bus ride; however, the road is not congested and you can save yourself money by simply driving around the restricted road usage sign. If anyone ask, you are staying at a cabin on the road. also, this will save you the hassle of having to do a stop and go tour on the bus.

Maroon Bells is surely worth a look. The one thing I'd like to mention is this is a perfect destination for the elderly or somewhat disabled to go for some fresh air and scenery. There is a parking lot right at the lake of Maroon Bells which provides the beautiful scenery you see of the lake. You can either drive or take the bus. Once there, it's a very short walk on level, dirt walking paths to the lake. This is a tourist area so you will be with plenty others. There is a bench to sit on and stare at the beauty. You can also picnic here just bring a blanket to sit on. Great place for kids to skip stones in the lake. There are restrooms and a small river to cross as well.

Yes, it's beautiful scenery and worth the trip. Very easy hike. For a more moderate to hard hike add Crater trail.
The downsides: it is Super Busy, and heavily trafficked. The bus ride both ways was packed, and while the drivers were nice enough I could have done without their narratives. The restrooms: atrocious.

Super easy but also very pretty.

Definitely one of the most beautiful places I have ever been! If you get there early enough you can drive up there, otherwise you have to take a shuttle up there to limit pollution. Definitely a popular spot, but for good reason.

Beautiful!!!

Gorgeous scenery, absolutely worth the trip out from Vail on our family vacation! The hike was pretty easy, very little elevation gain. Once you pass the bridge, half of the loop is through shaded forest but the other half is pretty rugged and rock covered. It was challenging for my 4 year old and 60+ parents in sandals (just to give some context), but otherwise smooth sailing.

Easy hike. Kid friendly. Don't bring dogs as moose are spotted along the trail.

Perfect hike.

Gorgeous!

Yes, it's as amazing as you hear or read. The scenic route is an easy hike, with the option to go on up to Crater Lake which I highly recommend.

SUPER BUSY!

If you can, go for a sunrise hike on a weekday, it's the best way to experience the experience.

The fall foliage is unreal, but at that time (like in Oct of 2016) Crater Lake can be one dry and Maroon Lake low.

Best seasons are spring and summer.

One of my favorite places for photography in CO. Shocker!

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Amazing and the kids loved every step!

Monday, October 03, 2016

Such an amazing place to visit - I arrived too late in the day to do the Crater Lake hike, which was a bummer. But I just enjoyed the view, walked around and took some pictures. If I had it to do over again, I would have gone very early in the morning (before the buses start running at 8am) because it does get crowded and the lighting is better for pictures in the morning. I can't wait to come back!