Mallory Cave

Mallory Cave is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Boulder, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

cave

A short walk, a final 100 ft climb and a cave. This hike starts at the NCAR parking lot. Head west to the Mesa trail and cross it by the information sign. There are lots of offshoot trails, be sure to follow the signs to the final 100 ft rock climb. If there is no ice or snow proceed up to the cave. NOTE: The cave is seasonally CLOSED from April 1 to October 1 for roosting bats.

1 minute ago

Beautiful hike with lots of great views

liked the hike, the trail was not too hard for my 11 year old either. I had hoped I
the trail would end somewhere with a great view but it was not too bad.

A little, not too, challenging and there's a lot of shaded area. Last bit is probably the roughest. I will be going back!

Hard, but had lots of fun with my boys..

Tons of wildflowers, perfect for my 6 yr old, who motors on hikes. some how we tracked 3 miles. my 6 kids want to go BACK, to see the cave

Fun short hike. Not as much foot traffic as Mesa trail or Bear Peak so the course of the trail is difficult to follow at times. Very rocky, but a few great views of mtns and the valley. My phone showed 2.2 mi to top,

A lot of shade, quick and easy. Good time.