Lulu City Trail

Lulu City Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Grand Lake, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

The hike is not especially scenic, but it does go through some pretty open areas where you may see moose. Theirs decent views of the Never Summer Mountains most of the time. You go by an old mine site and some remains of some cabins. Their were lots of trees down on the trail when I went, if you hike past the city be advised that their are very large trees down on the trail. A little snow, but nothing to worry about. Overall a decent easy hike, good but not great. Probably good for those not looking for anything too hard.

I started out the morning with a headlamp before dawn and didn't see a single person until I was on my way back from Lulu City. Instead I was treated to aspens, the lovely sound of the river, and met some elk on the trail. I wish I could have gone on to Little Yellowstone, and I think I'll plan to if I can get back out there next year. Trail conditions were good and it wasn't strenuous at all. There were a few muddy areas, but none were at all terrible and it had rained pretty well the few days before I went out.
There were a lot more people on the way back to the trailhead as people were coming in to see the fall colors and it got a bit crowded. I got back around noon or 1pm and the parking lot was exceptionally full for a Monday.
If you start early, this is a pretty serene hike if you just need some quiet.