Lower Dadd Gulch Trail

Lower Dadd Gulch Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bellvue, Colorado that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy hiking along creek/stream, up through ponderosa pines, aspens, and views of rock outcrops. Hike becomes moderate depending on your ability as it ascends through old burn area upto Dadd Gulch Road (dirt). Great hike for dogs.

This is a nice trail for a day hike-- great on a hot day as much of it is shady. We went on a holiday weekend ( Labor Day) and the trail was quite busy. We have a leash reactive rescue dog and based on the other comments, we decided to brave the trail with him. There were quite a few dogs but everyone was helpful and there were lots of places to move off the trail if you don't mind bushwhacking a bit. There are lots of pretty wild flowers, great for dogs because of stream crossings and shade, and moderate elevation gain. I would definitely hike this trail again.

The description of this trail is very accurate. Great trail for dogs and their humans! The trail goes gently uphill and crosses streams, meadows, and mountainsides. Lots of shaded areas along the trail so it's a great trail even on a hot day. We started at 8:45 am and saw one other person in 2.5 hours.

geocaching

this Trail was fun! it was a gradual incline with good length to it, nothing too hard. it is also a very moist Trail, a lot of the time plants and trees were closing in on me and I saw a great variety of mushrooms out and back. we only ran into two other hikers the entire time we were there. it took 6hours to hike 8.5 miles. the trail ends at a dirt road but we kept walking and stumbled into a geocache gamepiece while offtrailing. I would recommend it to anyone looking for good length and a mixup of scenery

We did this trail last November and we liked it. The little stream crossings are fun and perfect for the dogs to cool down in. Not much to look at and pretty anticlimatic, but if you're looking to just get away from people for a while that trail does the trick.

Very fun trail and easy to get to. Took a little over 3 hours to complete. Today was very cloudy and the plants were wet but the trail itself was relatively dry. I enjoyed all the wild flowers. The trail ends at a dirt road and I'm sure there's a nice view but the fog was thick. I look forward to doing this hike again on a sunny day.

Excellent trail for a moderate steep hike. The birds are definitely there but skittish due to the popularity of the trail, especially downhill mountain bikers. The trail is forested so there is plenty of shade, loads of wild flowers and probably 8 creek crossings.

Some folks ride horses up this trail. There are some steep bits and I recommend a walking staff for any with leg/back issues.

My hiking partner and I have tackled some difficult trails so far this Spring & Summer. This trail is our least favorite so far. It has essentially NO SIGNAGE! There is one sign at the top of the "stick" which most people treat as a point to point, turn around and go back the way they came. However, it is possible to make it a lollipop (or lariat) and a 11+ mile hike. Because there is no signage we got lost. This add - on part of the hike is not travelled frequently and we found no people or National Forest Service employees to ask for directions. After hours of hiking an intense incline and because we were losing day light we ended up bushwhacking straight down the mountain - which I assure you makes this hike "hard". In the end we determined we had hiked somewhere between 15 to 17 miles and were scratched up from head to toe. The stick is a pretty good hike and features a babbling brook - nice
- but NFS get some freaking signs!!

Beautiful hike with good shade, awesome flowers (went June 18th), and a trillion butterflies. Not too strenuous with some fun stream crossing

Total Dad trail if you know what I mean! Super kid friendly, great elevation gain, nice scenery, but crazy amounts of manure! Bummer it's open to horses but I understand. Check out big south just a little further up the road. Much better stuff going on up there.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Friday, April 08, 2016

Monday, February 15, 2016

Should have had crampons. It's really icy and muddy right now.