I love that this one includes a little history with the beautiful scenery - we'd visited the West Portal of the Moffat Tunnel last year and had been curious about where the tunnel emerges on the east side, so we didn't need much of an excuse to do this hike.
This trail is not ideal for anyone seeking solitude; rarely was there no other group in sight, especially on the Rogers Pass trail before the turnoff to Crater Lakes (though plenty of people were also heading up to/down from Crater Lakes, often with backpacking and fishing gear). Thankfully, the trailhead parking lot holds a hundred or more cars, as it was at least half full when we arrived before 9 on a Sunday morning and even more so on our return.
I had not studied a topo map or elevation profile well enough before our hike to realize how sharply the grade increases around mile 2, when this trail starts snaking up towards the lakes. We felt every pound of the toddler that we were carrying, but the ability to dip our toes in the shallow water at the top was worth it. We didn't find the loop (but we didn't really look for it either); I suspect there's some bushwhacking involved. Fun day out - enjoy it!