Lovell Gulch Trail

Lovell Gulch Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Woodland Park, Colorado that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

scenic driving

Directions from Colorado Springs: Drive 18 miles west on Highway 24 to Woodland Park. Turn right on Baldwin Avenue at the traffic light immediately east of the McDonald's. Continue driving straight on this road. It becomes Rampart Range Road within a mile. The trailhead is north of Woodland Park on Rampart Range Road, next to the City Road Maintenance Building.

This was a pretty easy trail. A little difficult to stay on track as there are other trails that run in to it, but follow the markers of keep an eye on your map at intersections to make sure you don't get side tracked. I went right at the split which allowed for a good downhill run towards the end. Only saw a few other people (3 total) but this was a Monday morning. I'd assume weekends would be a bit busier.

On vacation and had several recommendations for this trail. It was beautiful and secluded. Be sure to go right at the trail sign by the creek, left is much steeper so was better for the descent. Watch for mountain bikes on the 1st mile. Mid Sept the aspen were beautiful.

My son, GSD and I had a lot of fun during this hike today. It was peaceful, gave us some exercise and while we saw several people it did not feel to crowded. The only part I would correct in the description is the river, as they only water source we saw was an itty bitty creek.

Decent day hike. The trail does take you through some man made stuff (city buildings, telephone poles, a few houses) which is a negative for me. Pretty views, pretty easy hike.

I loved this hike! I took the counterclockwise way around the trail which was a good choice since the climb was very steady. There were plenty of offshoots from the trail in the first mile but after that, it's pretty easy to follow. My dog also loved it! Plenty of other friendly dogs to meet and several creek crossings where he could drink some water.

Awesome hike with beautiful wildflowers and amazing views! Only saw one other hiker the whole time but we went early on a Monday. The only reason I gave it four stars is some of the views get obstructed by telephone poles... it's too bad but still worth it and an awesome hike!!! Would definitely recommend.