Lost Lake Trail

Lost Lake Trail is a 7.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Vail, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

15 minutes ago

long dirt road in- 6 miles. Road can be bumpy but no need for 4x4.
Only a few steep sections and they are short. Lake is pretty. Great view of Holy Cross peak. Anticipate 3-3.5 hrs.
Morning is best as trail gets hot.

A little rocky in places, but an easy hike as advertised. Some nice scenery on the way up and a beautiful lake at the end. Pretty much had the trail to ourselves, which was a treat.

Perfect lake hike. Wow what an accidental find!

First thing I want to say is that is not an "easy" trail. I think people are lured into thinking this is going to be an easy walk or ride, and it's simply not. We are experienced hikers and took trekking poles for balance etc. We are really happy we did. There are some fairly technical areas that require good balance. That being said, this is a beautiful hike. You will weave through forest, wildflowers, Aspen groves and at about 3.75 miles in, you'll reach the lake which is honestly beautiful. While coming out, we encountered a couple of fairly novice mountain bikers who were young, but daunted by the rocky and steep outcroppings. They were walking their bikes due to the technical aspects. We saw another rider who was obviously very seasoned, flying down the hill...so it's fun for everyone, but if you are new to hiking or biking, be warned, this is not an easy trail.

Long and easy hike. Have few pretty openings but the lake is the best of it. So quiet and peaceful. Just makes you realise how awesome the nature is. I would advice to take bugs spray with you. Mosquitoes were crazy back there.

Great Hike! Lost lake is beautiful.

Be ware of the mosquitos and bugs close to the like. I recommend to Camp far from the lake and go to have lunch or dinner.

We hike my mother my wife and my 3 year old kid. It is a easy hike for usual hikers for my mother, wife and kid was just enough.

I liked the hike it has open parts and a lot of trees in other parts.

Enjoy!

Beautiful hike! Not sure why people below said it was only somewhat scenic....this hike has gorgeous wide-open views of the Gore Range, Vail ski area. Holy Cross, New York Mtn, etc. About the best views you can get around here without summiting a mountain! The lake is pretty too. Great quick day hike, not too strenuous. Wear sunscreen, not a lot of shade on the trail.

Somewhat scenic. Mainly pines with some aspens. Good views back to Vail ski area. Long, easy hike to lake. Agree to probably choose other lake hikes due to length and disappointing scenery with many cleared areas along the trail.

It was a long hike. Not marked at all. Not difficult. Views are decent getting there but honestly I would maybe look into other lakes. It was quite a long hike for what we
Felt we got at the end

It's a really easy hike with a clear path and hardly any elevation gain. Some of the views are nice and the hike itself isn't that interesting. I think it would be more fun to Mtn. Bike or run it! Still a great way to get outside!

Amazing hike, slight incline for the first 2.3 miles. Watch for falling trees!

Monday, July 24, 2017

Enjoyable trail. Dusty this time of year and lots of sun exposure. Lake at the end is well worth the walk. Steady climb with a few steep sections.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

A beautiful fairly easy hike, but it's becoming increasingly trafficked. Tricky to find parking and it's rather crowded once you make it up to the lake.

Thursday, July 06, 2017

We hiked the Lost Lake trail on July 5, 2017. Two kids and a dog.... Great family day hike. Interesting terrain and not too difficult. Most of the uphill is on the way in (good for kids)!

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Hiked on July 1. Took about 3 hours round trip with plenty of relaxation at the lake. Easy hike with only a few steep up and downs. Not for the last 6 miles of the drive up, you are on a bumpy dirt road. I have a small car that made it but I was a little worried at some points

off road driving
Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Fun ending. Just bumpy otherwise.

recorded Lost Lake Trail