Learn more

Little Vasquez Creek Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(62)
Arapaho National Forest

Little Vasquez Creek Trail is a 6.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Winter Park, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.5 miles Elevation Gain: 1,325 feet Route Type: Out & Back

No flat areas, all incline. One section of trail not accessible, but plenty of options to get back to trail

AllTrails is different than the actual trail. I cut it short and turned around. Either that or I just couldn’t find it. It was all dirt road. Pretty but....

Little rough for the beginner mountain biker. I have an older mountain bike, was able to go up about 2 miles before it got too rocky for my taste. I’ll be back when I get better at mountain biking.

A lot of it was fire road, so we got off the main path and followed other side trails that were much prettier.

Only did the taller peak. Trail was a bit boring and we only got good views when we continued on after AllTrails says the trail ends but it actually keeps going. We picked this trail since we knew it’d be packed down by the snowmobiles. Were grateful for the packed down snow as we’re still acclimating to the altitude. And boy did the altitude get us, glad we didn’t have the extra weight of snowshoes or spikes. I’d recommend doing a trail that starts at a higher altitude to get the best bang for your buck.

Great for snowshoeing! I worried it would be too close to town, but in most parts of the trail you do feel more secluded and in the woods. There are a few spots where you can hear traffic or see homes, but to be expected with a trailhead so close to town. We enjoyed the fresh powder and it wasn't busy AT ALL, on a Saturday afternoon! What a nice surprise. Cheers!

Sat Jul 06 2019

Go out early and beat the four-wheelers. Best part was the little creek running parallel. Would recommend taking the Chickadee Trail up to Tunnel Hill, good escape.

Fri Mar 01 2019

Sun Feb 24 2019

This trail was a nicely groomed trail with offshoots of less traveled trails merging back into this one. Lightly traveled with only a few snowmobiles in the 2 hours of out and back hiking that we did. Beautiful scenery with many trail options. Can’t wait to hike this in the summer.

Thu Jan 24 2019

Great snow and trail in good condition. We saw cross country ski tracks and other snowshoe tracks but only met one other person while snowshoeing. Not crowded at all during weekdays. Highly recommend this trail. Parking is limited.

Sun Dec 09 2018

Excellent trail! We loved it! My first time snowshoeing. The trail was well marked and very scenic.

Sun Sep 02 2018

Nice local hike with lots of side trails to venture off on. My go-to hike if I only have a couple of hours to get out.

Sat Feb 17 2018

Great groomed trails. Beautiful woods and clearings. Got in our steps even though we’re no longer in tip top shape!

Tue Feb 06 2018

Perfect trail in the snow--everything was nicely packed and the weather was beautiful! Lots of different options for trails.

Tue Dec 19 2017

Plenty of smaller trails well labeled to explore! Went hiking since there was low snow in mid December and the paths were well traveled. Perfect for cross country skiing. Easy inclines, beautiful views, and you can go as far as you'd like!

Fri Oct 06 2017

super cute trail and many different ways you can venture off!

Sat Aug 12 2017

Great trail with the family. Just did a few miles and ventured off on one of the smaller trails. Beautiful wildflowers and sounds of the creek below.

Sun Dec 11 2016

Hiked this last Fall and it was a lot of fun!

1 hour ago