Lincoln Mountain Loop

Lincoln Mountain Loop is a 4.1 mile loop trail located near Larkspur, Colorado. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The 4.2-mile Lincoln Mountain Trail traverses 400' up the open hillside of Lincoln Mountain and skirts through Gambel oaks and a scattering of pines and rhyolite rocks. View Pikes Peak, Palmer Divide, and ranchlands of the Upper Cherry Creek Valley from the 7,394' top The 4.2-mile Lincoln Mountain Trail traverses 400' up the open hillside of Lincoln Mountain and skirts through Gambel oaks and a scattering of pines and rhyolite rocks. View Pikes Peak, Palmer Divide, and ranchlands of the Upper Cherry Creek Valley from the 7,394' top

This medium difficulty trail has next to no shade so be sure to bring a hat or sunscreen. Take this trail during a cloudless day and enjoy the wide open sky and the foothills in the distance. Trail 360 on YouTube

It was windy but truly a gorgeous day. When I started there was just one trail runner and myself in the area. When I started my way back down I saw one other hiker. I had the top all to myself and the solitude was worth the wind. I would have stayed for the sunset but I had some place to be. Next time :)

There were still quite a few different wild flowers on the trail. And the scrub oak was a gorgeous rust color towards the top.

Hike September 16, 2017 with meet up group. Moderate hike with beautiful views at the top. Very exposed. Wouldn't be good in windy or cold weather.

The wind in the loop around the top was strong, but the views were great and it was an easy winter hike.

There is a nice loop at the top with great views of the front range. Path is rocky in places. I encountered a few mountain bikers on the trail but pretty quiet place overall.

the Lincoln mountain loop starts out nice, than gradually gets more & more rocky. jagged, pointy & covered the trail. The horses were clearly struggling. unless you have boots on all fours it's pretty rough. once we headed to other side the trail got much better!

Friday, September 23, 2016

Easy trail ! Good footing , if you want an easy horse ride I gave it 4 stars for the fact that it's user friendly , big horse trailer parking area , quiet not busy . I take horses out here and school them .
I prefer to ride "hard" trails but this is a clean well kept trail

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Monday, July 25, 2016

lovely. there was a dog not on leash however.

Monday, July 11, 2016

A good sunny run. Never too steep.