Lincoln Mountain Loop

Lincoln Mountain Loop is a 4.1 mile loop trail located near Larkspur, Colorado. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The 4.2-mile Lincoln Mountain Trail traverses 400' up the open hillside of Lincoln Mountain and skirts through Gambel oaks and a scattering of pines and rhyolite rocks. View Pikes Peak, Palmer Divide, and ranchlands of the Upper Cherry Creek Valley from the 7,394' top The 4.2-mile Lincoln Mountain Trail traverses 400' up the open hillside of Lincoln Mountain and skirts through Gambel oaks and a scattering of pines and rhyolite rocks. View Pikes Peak, Palmer Divide, and ranchlands of the Upper Cherry Creek Valley from the 7,394' top

Lots of horses are on this trail. I would say it’s fairly easy, but maybe the distance makes it moderate. Beautiful, wide open, blue skies all around and great views at the top. The best part was that it was very quiet and peaceful. We plan to take out of town family here because of its ease and beauty.

This medium difficulty trail has next to no shade so be sure to bring a hat or sunscreen. Take this trail during a cloudless day and enjoy the wide open sky and the foothills in the distance. Trail 360 on YouTube

It was windy but truly a gorgeous day. When I started there was just one trail runner and myself in the area. When I started my way back down I saw one other hiker. I had the top all to myself and the solitude was worth the wind. I would have stayed for the sunset but I had some place to be. Next time :)

There were still quite a few different wild flowers on the trail. And the scrub oak was a gorgeous rust color towards the top.

Hike September 16, 2017 with meet up group. Moderate hike with beautiful views at the top. Very exposed. Wouldn't be good in windy or cold weather.

Friday, December 30, 2016

The wind in the loop around the top was strong, but the views were great and it was an easy winter hike.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

There is a nice loop at the top with great views of the front range. Path is rocky in places. I encountered a few mountain bikers on the trail but pretty quiet place overall.

Monday, October 24, 2016

the Lincoln mountain loop starts out nice, than gradually gets more & more rocky. jagged, pointy & covered the trail. The horses were clearly struggling. unless you have boots on all fours it's pretty rough. once we headed to other side the trail got much better!

Friday, September 23, 2016

Easy trail ! Good footing , if you want an easy horse ride I gave it 4 stars for the fact that it's user friendly , big horse trailer parking area , quiet not busy . I take horses out here and school them .
I prefer to ride "hard" trails but this is a clean well kept trail

Monday, July 25, 2016

lovely. there was a dog not on leash however.

Monday, July 11, 2016

A good sunny run. Never too steep.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

A great run, never too steep

Monday, July 04, 2016

Nice gradual hike. Starts out in a open space / meadow. Goes up through the mountainous / tree areas and back through the meadows. Beware, the beginning and the end of the trail are swarming with horseflies, I easily killed 15+

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Nice fairly easy hike. Wide well marked trail. Cloudy day on this hike. Would have needed lots so sunscreen had it been sunny. There is little to no shade.

Monday, July 13, 2015

Love this trail! There are two different loop options, both are wonderful. I've never seen it busy. I usually see a few horseback riders, but not many and a couple other hikers. I've seen cranes and bull snakes here. The wildflowers are beautiful and bountiful in July and the trees turn a beautiful color in fall.

Saturday, May 02, 2015

Horse trail not a hike! Pulled up to find 15 large horse trailers and at least 60 horses.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Opps I switch them I did the Palmer Divide trail Next time will do this trail

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Good trail if you want to hiking and see more riders than hikers. I did the Palmer Divide Ranch trail, Next time I want to do Lincoln Mountain Loop it looks like it is more scenic as it heads towards Pike Peak

Thursday, February 12, 2015

This is a nice hike up to a loop around a fairly flat butte. There are nice front range, Larkspur buttes and West Cherry Creek views. It's almost a walk, but there are some rocky areas on top that get me into hiking shoes. Normally I'd rate this three stars, but it is lightly used and that adds a star for me. Dog poop and dogs off leash are rare, and I've been there on beautiful days with only another car or two in the quite large parking area. I'd wager nearby Spruce Mountain has 5 or 10 times the use. This gem is going to be found, so I'd recommend trying it soon. I also enjoyed the adjacent Palmer Divide Ranch Loop.

Friday, June 20, 2014

My overall reaction is "eh". Decent views from top, but extremely windy. Rest of trails are easy walk and ok for a "city" hike.