Lily Pad Lake Trail

Lily Pad Lake Trail is a 3.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Silverthorne, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.3 miles Elevation Gain: 396 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Note: Parking at the trailhead is limited to about a dozen spaces. Be sure to arrive early since street parking in the area is also blocked off.

Great hike ending at a beautiful lake! We saw a moose hanging out last time! If you can, go during the week when it’s less busy.

Awesome family hike with beautiful views. Parking was a challenge

Parking is tough. If not going early AM, consider parking in Silverthorne and taking Summit Co Shuttle. The trail is great. Beautiful and fun for all levels. My three year old did it with a bit of help.

Arrived at 11 parking was full but enough give and go for the hikers that a spot came right open. The trail is easy to navigate and both lily pad lakes offer distinct differences. There is an interesting rock field in one area only of the whole trail.

This was a great hike! Our group arrived a little before 11AM and easily found parking. Trail wasn’t too heavily trafficked either. There were mosquitos so I’d recommend bringing bug spray, but other than that a nice quick hike.

Beautiful hike! Great views! Gets your heart rate up a bit but very doable.

7/2/2019 Absolute perfect hike for all skill levels. The trail was muddy in spots but well worth it. Amazing views and the lake was beautiful! Get there early parking is limited and the trail started to get very busy around noon. This could possibly be my favorite hike EVER!!

Spent 2 hours hiking this trail today in perfect 70 degree weather under mostly sunny skies. Some mud and a couple mosquitoes, but basically a perfect afternoon hike. We walked around the bigger pond at the end of the trail and the whole hike was 4 miles.

NO PARKING. There are 12 parking spots. If you don’t get one of those then there is no other parking within miles. No parking along streets is allowed.

finished this hike today with our 4 and 6 year old daughters. great hike for the entire family. a few muddy areas but nothing difficult. we also saw 2 moose about halfway down the trail.

Great family hike. Some muddy spots but not too bad. Bring bug spray

Wow! Just wow! Beautiful hike and the lake was amazing. A little muddy in spots but not too bad. A little rocky too, but nothing we couldn't do in tennis shoes. When you get to the salt lick split go to the right for the lake. The sign was knocked down.

Really enjoyed this hike! The lake was pretty magical for me. A little early still for the lily pads to be in bloom, but some are starting to show themselves. Muddy and rocky in some areas. Saw lots of little ones make their way up. My pup loved it! Random streams you cross gives them water along the way. I think imma try again in a few weeks for the flowers :) so worth it! We left late and got there around noon. No parking was left. We got lucky someone was pulling out when we arrived. Arrive early or maybe for sunset.

An easier hike once you get past the gravel incline at the entrance. The trail was a little muddy at times, but I was in sneakers and managed just fine with no mud on my shoes. Pets are very dirty after this hike. Lily Pad Lake has a smaller lake with many pads and a bigger lake with not as many pads. Both are beautiful and make for a nice relaxing spot to snack and turn around to hike back. Parking at the trailhead is limited.

This was a perfect trail for my 2 year old (in pack), and my parents (in their 60s). Some tricky parts due to the mud and fallen trees this time of year. Beautiful views from start to finish!

A few patches of mud remain, today, but the trail is in great condition & passable. The directional sign at the intersection of Salt Lick/Lily Pad trail is knocked over & I found it useful to refer to the map, here, for help. Several streams of run-off water, the lake, and the panoramic views made this an enjoyable, easy, hike.

Nice easy hike to great views of the lake. Trail is very muddy because of all the recent precipitation but still did the entire thing in tennis shoes without any issues except for being wet.

Great view of the lake, with only a somewhat steep, but very well kept path at the start. Boasts a fantastic view of the lake and mountains. After the initial ascent (which is very brief), it flattens out, but can get a bit muddy as it gets more into the tree areas.

such a beautiful trail ! we were happy to get a little heart rate exercise going but not to be to tough. beautiful view at the lake and great place to hang hammocks !!

Still a bit muddy, but likely to remain that way for quite some time. As others have said, arrive early to avoid weather and parking issues; at 10:00 am the lot was full. FYI, the wide area with cut trees is a fire break and the burnt stumps are from a fire very long ago (I was told 100 years but I didn’t verify). Nice hike.

Still muddy in places from the spring. Otherwise, a really nice hike. Easy, but far enough to feel like something was accomplished. Two beautiful lakes at the end. Good for all ages - will definitely be back!

this was a nice trail but very muddy, lots of rocks to climb over, and streams to walk through. I cant believe its recommend for young children, I'd never bring mine- way too dangerous.

Pretty views, love the Lily Pad Lake and frogs. Seems starting from the Ryan Gulch Road trailhead is easier than from below. Still muddy in places but doable.

This hike was just ok. Not many views, mostly hiking in the woods. Kids (ages 3 and 5) were able to do the whole hike without having to be put on our backs - they loved all the rocks to jump over, streams to cross, and mud to run in (highly recommend wearing waterproof shoes). Saw an elk right at the beginning. We started the hike at 8am on 6/19 and were the only ones on the trail until about 10am - then there were quite a few other hikers and parking lot was full by the time we ended around 10:15am.

Completed this hike today with my family. It started out as overcast, so we only saw a couple other hikers, which was perfect. When the sun came out it was gorgeous! Well worth a visit to Lily Pad Lake.

Lots of birds if you’re into birding.