Lily Pad Lake Trail

Lily Pad Lake Trail is a 3.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Silverthorne, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Colorado Tourism Office, 1625 Broadway, Suite 1700 , Denver, CO, 80202, Phone: 800-COLORADO

Really enjoyed this hike! It consists of rolling hills. I used snowshoes but probably could have just used cleats.

Very quiet and beautiful with lots of snow

Beautiful!

Frisco trailhead to the lake and back. Absolutely gorgeous snowshoe hike. Met two moose on the way.

This is not easy if you are not in shape. I was ok but a relative was not. It’s a beautiful hike with an ending at a snow covered lake!

hiked this on Saturday 10/27 with a friend and puppy. we are in shape, but took our time. 3.5 miles round trip in an hour and 45 minutes. great views at start and end along with shadowy fields of pine trees. limited parking at wildernest start on a weekend.

Hiked this on Monday, after a snowfall from the weekend. You get great views of several different ranges on a very easy, well-marked trail. I've hiked all over this damn state but this was my first moose sighting! A mother and baby grazing right at the trailhead. The trail does not require spikes as of 10/15/18.

Easy hike, beautiful views. Perfect morning hike, loved the forest views. The lake was picturesque.

Loved every part of this hike. Of coarse I’m from flat Dallas, TX and this was my first hike of my trip out here. Beautiful, minimal traffic.

Great easy hike! I did this in fall and the changing colors of the trees was very beautiful. You can algo get spectacular views of the Dillon, Silverthorne area. Good for families!

Had a wonderful morning hike to Lily Pad lake. It was easy to take my dog (leashed) and there were some moose in the first pond on the trail.

Amazing views and we got to see moose who were out and about

We snowshoed and it was a lovely hike, as described.

Great easy trail, all the elevation is at the trailhead. Nice pines and watch for the chipmunks.

Lots of different things to see and changing landscape. Long range view, meadows, woods, small ponds, streams to cross, and two beautiful lakes at the end. Lilly pad covered lake is first, then the larger lake right after. Perfect place to stop for a snack or lunch. We didn’t get to see any moose, unfortunately. I would also say this is a moderate trail due to the inclines and lots of trip hazard areas with large rocks and roots, but I was able to hike this with a 3.5 month old in an Ergo carrier, plus a 6 year old.

Great trail, good for the whole family. A little steep part in the beginning but then easy.

Perfect for a short day, always beautiful and green!

Easy trail through the woods to the lake after a steep climb at the trailhead.

Hiked this trail as a kid with my family and now as an adult it is still a favorite. Such a great combination of tree cover and open space with a couple little water crossings. You can make it more difficult by picking up your pace but it’s great for all levels.

Always a family favorite. Great for little ones. Saw a big bull moose about 20 feet from us. Amazing!

It says easy, but it was a little tougher than easy. The beginning heads straight up, makes you wonder early, stick to it and keep going. Nice view of Dillon Lake near the beginning. pretty Ricky in places and tree roots along the way make it more difficult. If you are a novice pretty tiring. The lake is very pretty with nice mountain views. The trek back in was easier.

Not "EASY" unless you're acclimated! Still very beautiful, but I feel this is mislabelled in the AllTrails

Decent trail. Hiked it again after previously hiking it about 6 years ago. Lots of dead trees around the trail which had hardened the beauty of the trail, but still a decent hike.

Fantastic hike and very doable for kids. We had ages 3-13 with us and all had a great time. I do think it’s important people know this isn’t an easy, flat walk through the woods- it does have some pretty good hills throughout.
We are also up from the front range and are acclimated to the elevation. If you are visiting from somewhere lower this could be a bit tougher for you, although if you’re in pretty good shape I still think very doable

We are 60 and in good shape. We thought the difficulty level was easy to moderate. We were not 100% acclimatized, being flatlanders and been here 3 days. Rocky trail. Great view of Dillon Lake near start. Then forest. There is a lily covered pond at the end. That is not the lake. About 100 feet north of the pond is the lake, but if you don’t walk there you may miss it. I think some people actually missed the lake because they thought the lily covered pond was the lake.

Great hike. Due to slight inclines, rocks and roots in the trail I'd rate this more moderate than easy. However it was a very enjoyable hike and the lily pond and lake at the end were beautiful. A nice place to rest before heading back.

We took our three kids (ages 6, 6 and 5) and really loved it. A bit rocky and definitely some incline but worth it. We saw elk, grouse, chipmunks and ducks! The reflection on the lake was beautiful too!

Our 4 yr old did fabulous! Beautiful hike for the family or an individual.

For a fat flatlander this was a little north of easy, lol! The trails are rocky and rooty in spots but not too difficult to traverse. There are a few log stream crossings and another larger lake after the lily pad pond that we didn't expect, very picturesque. Note it's a bit buggy so wear good bug spray and there's a few brazen, obviously well fed chipmunks that will go after your pack for food.

very nice trail. A bit rocky at times but very manageable.